Chapter 7

It felt like dying and coming back to life just to live the same reality over and over again.

Laying here with my eyes closed as if I truly were dead.

Rain constantly pounding on my face, The thunder in the background. It was all so loud.

I didn't wanna open my eyes.

Lying here with a sore body and wet clothes. I don't even remember how I got here. It's all so confusing.

It's dark.

It's cold, warm the next second.

I was alone. I couldn't move my body.

In this state of mind I was confused. Had I gotten too drunk and decided to play in the rain and get into a fight? Was my first thought.

My head was pounding. My heart was racing. My legs were hurting. And for some reason, my ass was uncontrollably throbbing.

Out of this whole ordeal, the only thing I could conclude was that I drank too much.

I could hear Skylar and Soren rushing towards me. But, since I was so weak at the time, I didn't have any energy to move my body. So in the meantime, It felt like I was practically playing dead right in front of their faces.

It's really funny if you think about it though.

My eyes are closed, I can't move, and it feels like I may have gotten sick due to the rain that has been constantly pouring down on my face non-stop.

I'm in the most vulnerable state imaginable.

It could've been a few random guys coming towards me to use me as they see fit. Or possibly, it could've been an old geiser thirsty for sex that could have been approaching me. In a dark alleyway like this, I could've been brutally beaten to death by a few suspicious fuckers.

So how is it that I could tell right away that those footsteps belonged to Skylar and Soren?

I guess being with them for so long has made me realize simple things like that. Or maybe it goes much deeper than that.
——————-
________
Later that day
Earlier this same day, I ended up passing out in Soren's arms as he carried me back to his house on his back. Skylar was walking beside him.

They had a small conversation but I was too out of it to understand what they were saying. So I ignored it.

When I partially woke up again, I was already in a new set of clothes, my Temperature had gone down, and it was still so loud.

Felt like my ears could actually break.
/———

"Ciaran!!!"

It was loud

"Ciaran!?"

It was all so loud

"CIARAN!!!"

Just shut up already.

The ringing in my ears were getting louder each second that had passed.

Before I could sink any deeper—I snapped back into reality and everything came rushing back in.

....

                           Meeting You

I let out a loud gasp as my body jerked up quickly from whatever thing I was laying on.

I looked around and saw Skylar and Soren staring at me with a shocking expression written on both of their faces.

Nobody uttered a single word yet.