Chapter 8

Meeting You

I told myself I wasn't a crazy person because I wasn't. I still don't know what I'm doing out here if I'm being honest. A black hat, gloves, and a backpack that has all kinds of weapons inside of it. If someone were to look at me right now, I'm pretty sure their first and only thought would be "Murderer". If that ever happened of course I'd steal them a few glances and think, "what could you possibly know about me??", But then I'd start laughing as I imagine their head detached from their body while they start crying mercilessly.

I left Soren's house in the middle of the night while him and Skylar were both still sleeping because I had too much stuff on my mind. I figured I should just start the day off early and get it over with so that today doesn't get busier than it should be. Class doesn't start till about an hour from now since it's still only 6:45 A.M. so I had time to kill until then.

Sneaking out of the house was fairly easier than I thought it would be. The house was big and it held a lot of distant memories inside of it since I would go there often when I was a child. I wasn't...much of a stalker but sometimes I'd like to watch people sleep whenever I had the chance too. I was a lot younger when the habit started so eventually when I got older, it became natural to me. Though, I didn't do it just to be creepy or anything..but because when people slept they closed their eyes...and when they did, it was like everything that was haunting them was no longer there. Like the moment they were to shut their eyes, they became a different person entirely.

That wasn't the case for Skylar and Soren though.

Before leaving the house, I made sure I left properly and gave both Skylar and Soren my goodbyes. Although when I did, I never would have thought I'd see them together like that. When we went to slept I obviously assumed we'd all sleep in different rooms but that wasn't the case. When I stared at them while they were sleeping.. they looked peaceful but they also looked rather terrified even though their eyes were closed. Staring at them for another moment, I laughed.  I didn't laugh because of the way they slept but because they slept so sexually together. 2 pale bodies that so casually held one another.  It was funny but what did it mean? We've been friends for quite awhile so maybe it was natural to hold eachother like that. Though, the more I looked at them, the more confused I became.

"Ha...."

"They really confuse me sometimes"

I walked about another mile before I reached it.

The place that changed my life completely.

"Damn...I only have about 30 minutes to do this. Best if I make this quick."

It's been 7 years since I've joined this gang. A gang filled with people who tend to crave the exact same thing over and over again. Sex, money, murder and drugs. I told myself I was different from those guys in every way possible.
But in reality, I was just the same. I got into this mess by fucking around and forcing myself into something I had no business being apart of, but I didn't know any better did I?. The longer I stayed here, The longer I got use to it and nothing mattered anymore. In my eyes it was nothing but small business that benefited two parts of a party; my own and the person I took orders from. Living this way didn't matter to me as long as I got what I wanted in the end. I didn't care if I sold my body, gotten used as a test subject, or got brutally beaten. As long as I got what I wanted nothing else mattered.

I grabbed the handle of the door and yanked it open. All this hard work I've been doing and I wasn't getting paid a fucking dime so I had every right to be this pissed off this early in the morning. I had no intention of finding a real job since doing this paid just as fine, maybe even 10x better than real jobs.