Chapter 7 : Hangouts

The early morning light filtered through the window, casting a gentle glow on the room. Asher awoke to find Selena still sleeping peacefully beside him. A soft smile tugged at his lips as he watched her, his affection for her warming his heart.

Wanting to surprise her, Asher leaned in and pressed a gentle kiss on Selena's forehead, his lips lingering for a moment. To his delight, her eyelids fluttered open, and her gaze met his with a mix of surprise and sleepiness.

"Good morning," he whispered, his voice a warm murmur.

Selena's drowsy expression transformed into a soft smile as she registered his romantic gesture. "Good morning," she replied, her voice tinged with warmth. She stretched languidly, the intimacy of the moment between them a welcome start to the day.

However, their peaceful moment was interrupted by a sudden knock on the door. Asher's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he moved to answer it. To his surprise, standing in the doorway was a woman he recognized from the lab—Amelia, his boss.

Amelia's expression was a mix of desperation and urgency. "I broke my laptop, and all the data is gone. Please, hurry! I'll pay extra," she pleaded, her fingers gripping Asher's arm as if to emphasize the urgency of the situation.

Asher's concern deepened as he processed her words. He knew how crucial data was in their line of work, and the thought of Amelia losing valuable information was troubling. Without hesitation, he nodded, ready to assist her.

"I'll be right there," Asher assured her, his voice steady.

As Amelia rushed him to leave, Selena couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. Her mind raced with questions, wondering who this woman was and why she seemed so desperate for Asher's help. Suppressing her unease, she managed a polite smile. "Don't worry about me. Go help her out."

Asher's gaze met hers, his eyes filled with understanding. "I'll be back as soon as I can. Promise."

With a last reassuring smile, Asher left the apartment with Amelia, leaving Selena alone with her thoughts. The morning had taken an unexpected turn, and Selena found herself grappling with a mix of emotions she hadn't anticipated.

After a period of calm, Selena found herself eager to dive into her creative endeavors once more. With the art club's activities in mind, she decided to head out to gather some much-needed art materials. As she browsed through the shelves of a local art supply store, her focus on the task at hand, she suddenly felt a small impact against her legs. Startled, she turned around to find a young girl who had bumped into her.

The little girl looked up at Selena with wide eyes, her lower lip trembling. Before Selena could say anything, she heard a familiar voice behind her. "I'm sorry about my little sister," Samuel's voice offered, his tone apologetic.

Selena's surprise melted into a gentle smile as she looked at Samuel. "No problem at all." She crouched down to the little girl's level, her expression kind. "Are you okay?"

The girl nodded hesitantly, her eyes still shimmering with unshed tears. Samuel knelt beside his sister, offering her a reassuring smile and a comforting pat on the back. "You bumped into this nice lady. Remember to be careful."

The little girl nodded again, her eyes darting between Samuel and Selena. It was clear she was still a bit rattled by the encounter.

As the little girl explained that she was trying to find a gift for someone, Selena's heart warmed. Despite her initial fright, she could see the innocence and excitement in the girl's eyes. Selena couldn't resist offering to help. They perused the aisles together, Selena offering suggestions and the girl carefully considering each one.