Chapter 4

I reviewed the case files at my desk when Erin came in with a girl. I noticed the young girl identified her as Olinski's daughter.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked. Erin made her sit down and walked me, " She was in the middle of a gang fight and saw the shooter," She said. I looked at her, shocked.

"Does Al know?" I asked. "Yeah, just informed him. He should be here," she said. Just then, Hank entered. Erin stopped him.

"She's okay. She's just in shock," she said.

"Sounds about right," he said.

"You care to explain what happened to you last night?" she asked him. He was arrested last night and then released.

"I got it handled."

"Everyone knows you got pinched." she resisted.

"And?" he said, walking to Al's daughter.

"Hey, how you doing, kiddo?" he asked.

"Hi, Uncle Hank," she said when Al entered with Ruzek. His daughter ran and hugged her dad.

"Hey. I'm so sorry, Dad." she apologised.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I was at a party."

"Until dawn? Does mom know you're here? What did you do? You sneak out?" he questioned her.

"Sergeant. Someone here from Gang Unit to see you. It's about the shooting in Pilsen." Trudy came in and said.

"All right, I'll be right down," he said, looking at Erin.

"All right, why don't you take her for a cup of hot chocolate or something?" he said. She nodded.

"It's okay. Hey, she doesn't testify." Al said sternly.

"I know." Hank agreed.

"To anything. I mean it," he added.

"I got it," Hank replied. "Grey, a word," He said. We walked aside. "I heard Jay is doing business off files," he said. I knew what he was referring to.

"Do not encourage him," he said. I nodded.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We got the name 'Calaca' from Al's daughter. "Calaca means "skeleton" in Spanish. My money's on the Latin Priests." Erin said.

"That's the kind of name they give their boys," I asked, looking at the file.

"Neighbors don't claim to have seen anything. And there's no security cameras either." Erin said when Sumner entered.

"Shift's already started. Where have you been?" Dawson asked. She sighed.

"The report you requested, Sergeant. A breakdown of all drug-related busts in the Pilsen area in the last 12 months." She handed him the file.

"How many files did you have to go through?" I asked her.

"All right, now give me a list of all gang-affiliated males in the neighbourhood arrested with a weapon between 5'2 " and 6'3"," Hank ordered her.

"All right, let's find this Calaca and get a confession so Lexi doesn't have to testify. Use any means necessary." Hank said. I walked towards Jay.

"Hey, wanna talk to you about something," I said. "Do you know anything about Hank's getting cuffed last night?" he asked.

"Jay-"

"And how is he again out? I mean, how does the law doesn't apply to him?" He cut me out.

"Jay, you have to stop with the Rodriger kid. " I said. He looked at me, furious. "You don't even know anything about it," he said in a furious tone.

"I know enough. And you have to stop it." I said. He stormed out of the room in anger. I looked down, pissed.

"You good?" Adam asked me. I gave him an appreciative look. "What was the gang name that Erin said?" I asked him.

"Latin Priests," he said. Both of us narrowed our eyes at each other. "Are you thinking what I am thinking?" I asked him.

"Who do you think I should get?" he asked.

"Burgess," I said. "You got it," he said, walking away to get Burgess.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>