Chapter 8

I was making coffee and drinking it at my window when I felt his arms around my waist. "Good morning," I said when he kissed my head.

"My mornings have been good for a few days," he said as he kissed my neck. "Lindsay will be here any minute," I said, closing my eyes and melting in him.

"How about you stop by the station, and we'll finish it," he said. "We have a city to save," I said when the horn blasted, indicating Lindsay had arrived.

"I should go," I said, turning around and wrapping my hands around him and kissing him. We broke out, and he kissed my forehead.

I ran downstairs. I found Lindsay and Nadia waiting in the car. "Look at you, all dressed up," I said to Nadia as I got in the car.

"I'm nervous. It's my first day. And Detective Grey, I know you got me that job in NYPD, but I just-" I stopped her.

"Hey. I understand. One always wished to be around people who care," I said when Lindsay gave me a nod, starting the car.

"Tell me, why am I picking you again?" she asked. "My car is still in the district cause Jeff came to pick me up yesterday," I said.

"So, how is the sex?" Lindsay asked, and I looked at her, shocked. "Lindsay, we have children," I said, referring to Nadia.

"Yeah, who helped you bust a gang by playing a hooker last month" Nadia joked.

"How's Kelly?" I asked Erin. She shook her head. "AWOL," she said sadly. His roommate had died on duty. I put a hand on her shoulder, comforting her.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was drinking coffee when Jay entered. "Do you even know how much Caffeine you take daily?" He asked.

"Yeah, try working with you; you'll know," I joked when he put his cup out. "Please, you make the best coffee," he said when I poured some, and we walked outside. Hank entered in his uniform. He was gone for the interrogation for the murder of Sheldon Jin.

"How'd it go?" Erin asked.

"It went. They asked some stupid questions. I left." he answered.

"Boss, where they at with Jin's murder?" Adam asked.

"Nowhere. Where's Antonio?" he asked.

"He's meeting an informant. He's got a tip on some armoured van thing." Al answered.

"Sarge, why aren't we looking into Jin's murder alone?" Jay asked, blocking Hank's way.

"For the same reason I told you last time you asked. They don't want us anywhere near it since we have in our unit, okay? He was a police officer. Area Central is all over it." he said, annoyed about to enter his office.

"So they had no updates this morning?" Kevin asked. Hank stopped and gave out a heavy sigh.

"The update... The update is they're coming after my badge! So when there is another update, I will convey it, okay?" He screamed in Kevin's face.

"Until then, just do your jobs," he screamed at us and burst into his chamber.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Antonio had an intel ad to check it out. We had Adam go undercover. We were in a van with the guys when we followed him in our cars.  That's when they started shooting, and Ruzek escaped in a slim.