Chapter 7

"Is that why you sent me across the state, Sarge because I am a good cop you wanna save?" I asked him, annoyed.

" Grey, I work in an instant. I make good decisions. I make take bad ones. But yours was purely coincidental. They wanted an eye from intelligence. I sent yours," He said. I gave out a sigh and closed my eyes.

"I'm...I'm sorry. It's just with Antonio down, you would have needed me," I said. Dawson was shot in this case.

"We did. I'll make sure. It doesn't happen again," he said. I stood up and was about to leave.

"Also, I heard you booted Sumner," I said. He gave me a shrug. "Should I be careful?" I dragged my tone.

"You've grown well into the unit, Grey. Particularly to a one," he said, looking at Jay outside. I wanted to say something, but words just never came out.

"Kim didn't make it to the cut. Cause I don't like in-house romances," he finished. I slowly sat down again.

"Is that a warning?" I asked. "Just saying," he said. I stood up again.

"Thank you, Sarge," I said, leaving. "Get Atwater to partner up. You have a skill of getting the best out of the rookie ones than anyone else in the unit," he said. I nodded and made my way outside.

Just as I did, Antonio walked in. I went straight and hugged him. "Missed you too, Grey," He joked. "I'm gone for a week, and you die and come back," I said, punching his shoulder and joking when everyone greeted him. We were all about to settle in.

"Atwater, You are stuck with me. I'm telling you this. I will not repeat it. 'I'm watching'," I said, pointing two fingers at my eyes and then him.

"It's a pleasure, Detective," He said. "What, He get's you to look after, and I get him?" Ruzek said, annoyed, pointing at Al.

"You are struck with me, kid. It's my handsome old face that you will wake up to daily, Al said. I sat on my desk next to Jay.

"Hey, missed you there," he said. "I'll make sure you wish you didn't.", I joked when Platt came in and looked at me wide-eyed.

"Everything alright, Sarge?' I asked her. "I have a 'Spark' for you," she said. Everybody looked at her, confused.

"It's tall, handsome, built-in; oh, those cuts. I love that 'Spark of yours,'" she said. Still, everybody looked at her, confused.

"I...I'm honoured," I said in a confused tone.

"I told it to wait for a minute and then come upstairs so that I can ramble all this, Grey!" she made a straight face, hovering above me.

"If you don't want it, can I have it?" she said. I still looked at her, confused. "Yeah, Yeah. Sure, Sarge," I said. She made a wide smile.

"Well, here it is," she said and moved away when I found a familiar face entering the office.

"Clark," I said as he entered in. He just gave me a wave. "Clark, Oh my god," I said and ran to him, wrapping my arms around him. He gave me the tightest hug, too. I noticed his gear.

"You are a fireman now?" I asked. "Guessed it right," he said.  I turned around to others. "We served in the same unit," I said. I could see a lot of faces understanding it now.

"How is Lisa?" I asked. He looked down and shook his head. I understood they were not together.

"I'm on shift; I just wanted to stop by," He said. I nodded. He looked at Jay.

"Detective "

"Lieutenant "

Both of them started at each other. Clarke took my hand and pulled me aside.