Chapter 6

"So, you wanna call it off?" I asked Adam. "What? No..No. I'm just getting cold feet," He explained as we entered District 21.

"Okay, well, talk to her. You are engaged to that lady," I said when Atwater came across. "Kevin, Hi, Where is Kim?" I asked. Adam shifted uncomfortably beside me.

"Oh! She has a day off," he said, walking past us. I had my eyes on Adam and stopped walking. "What?" he asked.

"What did you do?" I asked him. "Who? Me..Me..I didn't do anything," he rambled. "Oh my god," I hit him on his shoulder.

"Ow!" he groaned. "I put you two together on one case, and look where it has ended," I said, hitting him again.

"Hey! She came at me," He said. "Get that sorted, Ruzek. Don't make me kick your balls," I said as we entered our office.

"Kick whose balls?" Jay asked, handing me a cup of coffee. He looked full of energy. "Well, here's a chirper," I said, sitting on my desk. Jay gave me a goofy smile. I thinned my eyes at him.

"You got laid, Didn't you?" I said. He gave a wide smile. A phone went off on my desk, and I noticed it was Lindsay's. It was a message from Kelly Severide.

"Oops..searching for that," she said and took her phone, giving me a fake smile.

"Oh my god. I was out one shift, and suddenly, everyone here had a social life," I said. Sumner came and sat on her desk. "Where do you hide your guy?" she asked her.

"Oh lady, No one other than this chair has felt my ass for years, trust me," I said when everyone laughed when Jin came in.

"Guys," he said, showing his laptop. It was a new telecast about a bomb in a Cancer fundraiser.

"Get your cars; we have work to do," Hank said behind us. I removed my coat and put on my holster, and we all rushed outside.

We got outside our cars and looked at the damage. Many people were hurt, and it was a terror everywhere. I looked up at the damaged building.

"Terrorism?" Dawson asked.

"Possibly. The ambassador to Syria was checked into Chicago Med for a liver transplant, Alim Al Safir. That's his security detail over there." An officer showed us a file. We looked around, and our eyes fell on the Syrian guys. Everyone made their way towards him when I helped a woman beside me.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"First bomb detonated 8:00 A.M. on the dot. Second bomb located in a rental car." The Firehouse Chief explained.

"Car is still there," he added.

"Who dismantled the bomb?" Erin asked.

"We did." A Fireman said.

"Check it out. If they got anything, I want to be notified first." Hank said, and Jin made his way out.

"How many confirmed dead?" I asked.

"18 dead... 15 in critical condition, three employees unaccounted for. The sign-ups for the charity race had just started before the bomb detonated. We may have more civilians buried beneath the rubble, but there's no real way of knowing right now." The chief said.

"FBI special agent in charge wants all the bosses in the command centre." An officer informed Hank.

"All right, everybody inside. Grey, get the statement of these firemen. They were the first responders. They could have seen something," he said.