Chapter One: Ruined Birthday

Bismillahi-Rahmani-Raheem

This story is dedicated to all of the Muslims struggling to create a stronger connection with Allah. May Allah ease your affairs and bring you closer to him or provide you someone who helps you in your journey of repentance. Ameen🤍

__________________________

Baila's POV

All that was present was stillness. An agonisingly heavy stillness. A stillness that was interrupted by clanking of cutleries at constant intervals.

Sitted on the unnecessarily long twelve seater dining table is me and my dad. We were both sitted on the seats which were facing each other horizontally.

My dad was still in his police uniform as he ate. On days when he's in town, he'd always eat breakfast and dinner in his Force outfit, unless if it's a weekend day of course. Those Force attires always give him the terrific look, a look I can never get used to. Well anyways, Force outfit or not, my father always have that stern and forbidden look on his face. It's a nightmare I deal with every single day. When you see my dad's face, you'd think smiling or laughing is not in his facial morphology dictionary. But he does smile actually. But like once in a blue moon. I think the fact that he's very stoic in nature makes him even more perfectly fit to be the Commissioner of Police.

Yes, this man sitted across me, my father, this man in his forties, this man with a dark chocolate complexion, wide, alert eyes, sharp jawline and thinly trimmed moustache with not a single strand of white hair is Mr Nasir Kumurci, popularly known as NASS. He had created a reputation for himself since he assumed office, upholding law and order and making everyone mute whenever he trespasses with his deadly aura. He's the man that no criminal in this town wishes to even as much as hear his name being uttered. As I was saying, he's my father.

I'm Baila'u Nasir and I'm fated to have him as my father and live with a living example of a God of War.

I gulp hard, gathering all of my energy. I wanted to tell him something. But I'm so freaking anxious. But there's no other way around it. I just have to say it.

I grip hard at my fork, unleashing the words.

"Baba..." I stated

He halted picking a spoonful of eba for a few seconds before raising his eyes from his plate for once and looking at me. There and then, my heart dropped. His gaze is just that cold and threatening you see. Immediately, I felt like peeing.

I opened my mouth to speak but he beat me to it.

"How much do you need, Baila'u?" And I almost face palmed myself. Not everything is about money misterr! Though I think I somehow caused it. Or we caused it or whatever. Me and my dad rarely talk. Unless normal everyday greeting, I don't talk to my dad about anything that's not money or school related. That's why he guessed that even now, it was what I was after.

He should even think about it. Why would I need money now, when he literally sent me 500k two days ago when I informed him that I'd be going back to school soon. Though should I ask for money, he wouldn't even ask what happened to the money he had sent me two days ago and would straight up send me the new amount I requested. Yup, my dad is THAT rich.

"I-it's not that" I complained.

He raised his eyebrows, indicating at me to go on. He was dropping his cutleries beside his plates, rounding up his eating.

"Talk, Baila'u. I don't have time." He ordered, dabbing at his lips with a napkin.

"Today's my birthday" I blurted out. Usually I don't give that much of a shit about birthdays. I'm turning nineteen and I don't think I was this excited for it when I was turning the legal age: 18. I know that I'm excited about this nineteen since I can actually tell my dad that it's my birthday. Because he always forgets. It's not even forgetting that he forgets. He just literally doesn't care.