Chapter Seven: I've got my eyes on you

A/n: Ramadan Mubarak guys, how's the fasting going? May Allah accept from us. Here's the second update of the day. Don't forget to vote and comment!

Love and light, H💕

Leely's POV

I was in the restroom crying my eyes out that day. Usually I'm not the one who looses her cool, but I was just feeling so helpless that particular day. I had just reached out to IB once more and he had told me he can't do anything to help. My devastation was aggravated by the fact that I have not taken the syrup in a while. I cried, cried and cried in that restroom. I cried to my heart's content as if it'd take away my misery. And lucky for me, no one came around the restroom. Of course with my reputation I wouldn't want anyone to step in on me crying wretchedly like that.

One girl did come around though. She was my classmate, Baila'u Nasir who was famous for being the most antisocial person in school.

That girl baffles me really. I don't know how one can live so fine without having friends. She doesn't talk with anybody, nobody wants to talk to her and the funniest part of it is that she doesn't even care! I can beat my chest in this school that I talk with 80% of the students, especially those we're in thesame class with and the only person I don't talk to is her. I don't know why. She just gives me all of the creeps. I mean how can you not talk to anybody when you're not mute and still be okay? Well unless if they have some serious mental disorder that makes them hate the whole world and not want anything to do with them. I convinced myself that people like Baila'u Nasir are the ones who become psychotic murderers.

But who'd imagine that this girl whom I'm so wary of would end up being my helper? Who would've imagined that this girl whom we think is so heartless would actually have a heart? A heart to hug me, a heart to give me a shoulder to cry on, a heart to encourage me to be myself?

I went on with my crying fit even after she had stepped into the restroom because I was sure she wouldn't as much as look at me. I knew she'd just do her things normal and leave whilst acting as if I didn't exist. But Baila did the unimaginable. She held me, asked me what's up, hugged me, comforted me. She was patient with me throughout my crying episode and only left my side when she saw that I was finally okay. She was that kind.

She was that kind.

For that gesture alone, I concluded that I'll never forget her in my life. I found myself admitting to her that I'm a helpless orphan. I found myself being original to a person for the first time in my life and to the least expected person.

That's why they always say that life is unpredictable, and the irony of it is that, the one you despise would end up being your savior and the one you actually love will end up stabbing you in the back.

I didn't necessarily told Baila my situation. I could not just tell her right away. It was the first time we were talking and I was still awed by how different a person she was, not the way everyone perceived her. And at that moment, nothing gave me the hint that she could actually help me. Even if she seemed nice, what if she couldn't render that much of a help to me? What if she has beef with me for talking to everyone and casting her aside?. Sure she looks like some rich champ, but some of them rich daughters and sons are actually very selfish and petty. The point here is, it didn't make sense to tell her everything right away. All I did was tell her my reality in a very coded manner and left immediately.

Not because I was embarrassed, not for fear that she'd mock me or publish my story. I can tell that Baila was a girl of integrity.

Since then, I had tried my best to wave or smile at her to make her feel acknowledged. She didn't deserve to be shunned further more by me, not after she comforted me on that day. And I could tell how happy she was that I didn't shut her out anymore. Perhaps she was just as troubled too. Perhaps all she needed was someone to reach out to her and I did.