Chapter Ten: Best friend for life

Baila's POV

It's cold.

It's dark.

It feels scary and ominous.

I see a girl squatting in the middle of nowhere. She buried her head in her laps. She looked so helpless, lonely and vulnerable. Then she stood up. I could now see her face clearly.

Why does she looks exactly like me though?

Is this me? No, I don't want it to be me! It can't be me! She looked in tatters, dirty, her hair haggered. She looked like she lost her mind, like a schizophrenic patient. She walked down this street. And i continued watching her closely. She began picking up dirty, rotten things from the streets.

Don't tell me she's going to eat them? Does she have nobody to give her food? Where's her father, where's her grandma, where's her friend? What happened to her?

I can see black silhouettes passing by her. They were all throwing at her heartless and judgemental looks. Amongst them all, isn't there anyone who can lend her helping hand?

What on earth is this place? And why is the main character of this dream having my face? I just want to wake up from this nightmare....

My vision wavered but stabilised again, as soon as it wavered. The scene changed into a hospital bedroom. I saw a girl who looked exactly like me in hospital patient clothes, tucked in a hospital bed. Her lips were dry and cracked, her eyes looked upwards at the ceiling of the hospital room. Her eyes looked hollow, pale and lifeless.

I saw her grandma crying and her father wearing thick rimmed dark shades. With the way his jaws clenched, he was clearly shattering internally too.

I don't know why I felt this urge to walk towards her...but I couldn't. When I tried to walk, my feet stepped on empty bottles of some kind of syrup bottle and it's carton which was littered all over the room floor.

I don't know why I felt like that particular drug looked familiar.

_

Its sunny today, but it was breezy. I crossed my feet at the ankles on top of the circular glass table in front of me. The weather was perfect and I thought, Leely would like this scenery. I was sitted under this gazebo located in one corner of the house. I really really like to sit under the gazebo, especially when the weather is nice. It gives me a nice side view of our house, as well as some palm trees lined outside of our house, in the neighborhood. I like to sit here and zone out, take a nap, or watch something.

I picked my phone from the table and snapped the view for Leely. I know she likes sceneries like this. How fun would it be to have her here? What fantasy!

A smile crept up my lips as I sent it to her as a snap streak. The thing I love with this feature of Snapchat is that you get to see what someone far away from you is up to. Like me for example. I can update Leely pictorially at any given time about my affairs. She too, especially since she's someone who enjoys snapping.

My smile slowly faded as I remembered the mind rattling nightmare I had this morning. It has replayed like one hundred million times since I woke up. It has messed my mood up and put my brain in a jumble especially since I could not interpret it properly. I didn't understand what message Allah was trying to deliver to me through that dream.

There's a girl with my image who looked like she had gone mad. Then she was hospitalized, then she died. When she died, I saw bottles of some drug overflowing in the room floor.