Chapter Eight: Nosy

A/n: thank you for 200 reads y'all! Iftar Mubarak, May Allah accept from us. Don't forget to vote and comment ☺️. Second update will come later in the evening insha Allah.

FCHS, the school Baila and Leely attends is a college of health sciences with different schools (or faculties) inside it. But the courses are all on heirachical order, as in you don't expect the fee of those studying Medicine to be the same as those studying nursing or other courses. I just wanted to clear that☺️

Right.

Let's get it🍜

Baila's POV

Swaying trees, well trimmed plants and flowers adding to the landscape, the pavements, the benign sky.... The weather is really romantic today and my school is such a pretty place to be at.

Usually I don't care much about things like this, but lately, I'm learning to find beauty and small joy in the littlest of things. I'm learning to be a human, learning to have a well functioning heart and brain. I'm no longer as miserable and I'm getting to appreciate a lot of things in life.

All my life, I've only been able to find a negligible amount of solace in my grandma. But she's an old woman and she's going to die. I can't be too reliant on her for happiness. I knew I needed one more person. Just one more person. I only needed one person to accept me and I'll be fine forever. I'm not like other people who needed multiple attention. I only needed one. And had it been I got it from my father, I wouldn't be so desperate as to find acceptance from other people.

"Oh no!" Leely pouted

"What's up?" I was quick to ask

"A butterfly... Ta gudu(it fled)" honestly she looks so cute when she pouts. She looked so saddened by the butterfly's action and I think the butterfly was mean for not lingering around more for her to see it. We were walking on these pavements with trimmed plants along it's sides. Some of the plants had red flowers blooming out of them and I guess that was where Leely had spotted her butterfly which deserted her. She's such a girly girl. We have just bought lunch from the school's mini mart and now we're headed to the mosque to eat and go to the lab for praticals.

I lingered behind Leely as we walked because she was on a call and while I was lurking behind her, Mr butterfly came around again. I instinctively pulled my phone out and I was lucky enough to get her a picture of it. When I noticed that she was done with her call, I hurried up to show her the picture.

"Oh my! You got it. Thanks Baila. Do well to send it on my snap!" She happily said. I know she's going to put it on her snap story or something and how happy I use to feel whenever I see her post something I snapped on her story? I know that Leely has accepted me, but those small actions of hers which she might even think is nothing really goes a long way for me.

"Look Baila!" Leely called while I was smiling foolishly for making her happy with the butterfly photo. I quickly looked up to see that she was making a snap.

I pouted for the small video she was making as we walked before she saved it.

It has been two and half months since Leely showed up at my door, and she has been living with me since then. And I have to say, since Leely started to live with me, my life had changed for the best. Magically.

Leely became those streaks of blinding sun rays which pierced through my dark clouds of depression and successfully cleared them all.

During the first days Leely lived with me, I felt extremely awkward even though she seemed pretty okay. Of course, she was living in the general hall before with three other girls in a room so living with someone won't be that much of a biggie for her. What about me? I've never lived with anyone in my life before. Even when I visit my grandma, I sleep in a separate room.