~figures dancing gracefully across my memory~

Now Playing: Once Upon a December from Anastasia

---

SEVEN YEARS LATER: 

Everything was going great.

You weren't allowed to leave the castle without guards, which basically meant you had no friends and no way of making friends. You hadn't talked to your only friend since you were ten and he was eleven, and your personal guard quit.

Again.

She had been the eighth one so far this year.

They don't exactly last long.

"Y/N, we've been struggling to find somebody to fill the role." Your mom said to you from her throne as you stood across from her, your dad, the royal advisor Belos, and the Golden Guard.

"Yeah, I wonder why." You mutter, glancing at the empty smaller throne beside your parents. Yours.

"Speak up, please." Your dad glares at you.

"I know I'm impossible, but that's not my fault!" You explain.

"Y/N.."

"Well, it is." You shrug. "But-"

"We've come to a decision." Queen Emyr interrupts you. "The Golden Guard will be your new personal guard."

"What?"

"What?" Hunter repeats.

"But- he's my age."

"Exactly why we think it may be easier for him to handle your... antics." Your dad explains.

"Well-" You pause. Sure, having a personal guard your age would be so fun. But Hunter? The guy who's ignored you for years

"I didn't know about this, your majesty." The stupid Golden Guard says, walking over to you and kneeling toward the throne. "If you could explain what I must do?"

"It's simple, if Y/N would listen." Your mom glares at you. "Keep them safe, with your life. We've had your quarters magically transported so it's connected to theirs. You two can leave, now." She nods, and you rush off, Hunter probably following. You storm through the castle, making your way to your room.

"Princex, are you seriously having a tantrum right now?" 

"Titan, why did it have to be you?" You turn to face him for a moment, but only see your own reflection in the golden mask. "You haven't talked to me in years, and now you have to follow me around and tell me what to do!"

"I wasn't allowed to talk to you, idiot!" He explains. "And this is just a job."

"Right, yeah, whatever. Am I allowed to go throw a fit in my room alone or do I need supervision in case I run away or some shit?"

"To be fair, Princex, you have run away befo-"

"You're here to protect me, not judge me." You cross your arms. 

"It's just an objective fact, your hi-"

"Don't you dare 'your highness' me." You interrupt, rushing off through the halls. 

"Well, what am I supposed to call you?" He rushes after you, keeping up easily as you speedwalk to your door.

"Y/N?"

"Y/N.. nope, feels weird." 

"Well, it's an order." You slam open your door, and the door leading to the personal guard's quarters was still there.. unfortunately. 

"Your room is huge.." He mutters.

"Yeah, no shit." You slam the door closed behind both of you.

"Well, I'm gonna go stand outside your door." He spins his staff and then turns back to the door.

"Wait-"

"What do you want?"

"Can you fly on that thing?" You point at the staff.

"Well, obviously." 

"Can you take me on it?" You smile. "Please?" 

"No. Have fun with your tantrum." He walks out the door and shuts it behind him. You sigh, flopping down on your bed.

"It's just a job!" You mock him quietly. Your eye catches your window, and you realized that the magical restraints your last guard had put on the lock was probably gone. Which was good, because you've had to replace that window after breaking it to get out many times. You quickly scribble a note on a piece of paper and set it on your bed. "Well, it's been fun, Goldie." You whisper to yourself, opening the window quietly. "But I'll see ya later."

'be back later 
hope ya don't miss me too much :P -Y/N'