~I wanna be you so bad, and I don't even know you~

Now Playing: jealousy, jealousy by Olivia Rodrigo

---

"Goldie!" You shout, getting his attention from across the room.

"You called, your highness?" He groans, walking over to you.

"I have reasons for why you should take me to the party." You stare at your notecards and stand up from your seat at your desk.

"How do you even know about this party? You're more sheltered than I am."

"Umm.." You look away from him, thinking to your spare scroll, hidden away under your mattress. "Don't worry about it, love." You look down at your notecards. "Okay! Reason number one: I will go anyways, it's better if you just come with me so I don't die."

"Great reason, but you aren't going because you're not sneaking out."

"I am not taking questions, comments or concerns until I am done." You flip the cards. "Reason number two: it will be fun and we can both find out how it feels to be a normal teenager."

"Even if I was a normal teenager, I wouldn't be the party type."

"I can tell, but still no comments I'm not done." You state.

"My bad."

"Shh." You shush him. "Reason number three: because I'm the royal here and I said so."

"What?"

"Shh. Reason number four: it will make me happy." You flip the cards around again. "And reason number five: it might get the stick out of your ass."

"Princex-"

"I have one more. Reason number six: because you're really great and awesome and I would love to spend time having fun with you." You smile. He raises his eyebrows. "Any questions, comments, or concerns?"

"Suck up."

"Yeah."

"I have questions, comments and concerns." 

"Oh golly gee, lucky me."

"Why do you think you're seriously going?" 

"Um.. cause I want to?" 

"You can't always get what you want."

"I can." You cross your arms. "Look, how about this. You take me, and I won't bother you with anything for two weeks."

"You can't just bribe me."

"A month."

"You can't bribe me into risking your safety and my job." 

"Sure I can! Two months?" 

"Two months and you let me have your crystal ball."

"Don't you have one?"

"Yours is better." He shrugs.

"You have to take me shopping too, then."

"What? I didn't even agree to the party yet."

"Two months of peace, my crystal ball, and I'll buy you whatever you want whenever you want. It's just one boutique and I know the owner's sister who usually runs it. She'll close the store early while we're in and won't tell anyone we're there."

"Doesn't sound trustworthy."

"Well, I'm the one who gets in trouble if we're seen. And besides, we don't have anything to wear to a party."

"Your closet is bigger than most houses."

"Yeah, and it's full of Princex clothes that my parents 'allowed' me to have." You say.

"Fine. When?"

"Right now, let's go. Can we use the staff?" You smile.

"No. I'm still too petty. We'll walk. Is it in Bonesburough?"

"Yeah, but you're gonna wanna change." You say as you grab your cloak out of your closet.

"Why?"

"Because the Golden Guard isn't normal."

"Fine, I'll get normal guard's clothes." He says.

"Oh, I have some."

"What the hell?"

"I'm defiant, I've tried every trick in the book." You rummage through the front of your closet and pull out a normal royal guard suit. "I'll put one on too."

"You have multiple?"

"In case one gets taken away." You scoff. "Duh." You toss one at him. "Go change, party starts at 7:00 so we'd better get going."

"We're coming back by 9:00." 

"12:00."

"9:00."

"11:30?"

"9:00."

"11:00."

"9:30."

"10:30?"

"We can just not go."

"9:30. Fair enough."

----

"Hey, Trix!" You whisper, walking up to the counter and lifting the mask very slightly. "It's me."

"Oh! Princex!" The pink witch-demon seemed startled, her scroll rolling up as she focuses on you. "What are you doing here?"

"Me and my friend need to find something to wear." You explain. 

"I'll put up a closed sign for you." She says, getting up to flip the sign in the doorway. 

"Please don't tell anyone I was here." You say, removing the mask and starting to look around.

---

You had found something cute for yourself, changing into it now and leaving your guard disguise here with Trix. 

"People are gonna recognize you."

"No they're not." You say, putting on the concealment stone you bought which changed your hair color and style. You then put on a simple cute pair of sunglasses. "These clothes make me feel like a real teenager." You say.

"Okay, time to get going." He says, starting to head for the door.

"Woah, you don't think I'm walking in with a palace guard, do you?" You scoff. "C'mon, I've got ideas for you." You hand him a pair of baggy jeans, and he looks down at them in confusion.

"They're pants." You say.

"I know." He nods.

"You wear them. With this." You hand him a plain red hoodie and a letterman jacket. "Layers are good. Go change."

"Why can't I pick it?"

"What would you have picked?"

"This." He gestures to the guard disguise. 

"Exactly. Go change." 

--

"Okay, I don't entirely hate it." He says, stepping out of the changing room and handing you the guard disguise, which you gave to Trix. 

"You look.." You stare at him for a second, unsure of what you were gonna say.

"Is it bad?"

"No, no." You shake your head. "Human styled clothes suit you."

"These are human?"

"No, the style of it is." 

"So it's weird?"

"I'm complimenting you, dumbass. You look good." You laugh. "We gotta get going." You head toward the door. "Thank you, Trix." You say, passing her a bag of snails on your way out.

"Anything for the Princex." She says with a wave. 

"Okay, Princex I don't think this is a great idea."

"Your job is to protect me, not make sure I follow the rules."

"Fair enough."