~and I just can't contain this feeling that remains~

Now Playing: There She Goes by The La's

---

A/N: been binging gilmore girls lately <3

---

"I'm hungry." You say, looking up from your book. 

"Hi hungry, I'm Hunter."

"Hilarious." You deadpan. "I want a snack sent up here. Quick."

"Titan, you're spoiled." He mutters almost too quietly for you to hear.

"Hm?" You raise your eyebrows at him.

"Er- It's not curfew, why not just.. go to the kitchen?"

"Because that requires a lot of getting up and walking down a flight of stairs and like three hallways." 

"Well, I know you hate being cooped up in your room all day, Princex." He shrugs. You squint at him, angry with his logic.

"Fair enough." You set your book down and climb out of bed. "Let's go."

---

"Hey, chefs. Snacks, please."

"Oh- Princex- what would you like?"

"Anything, thanks." 

"Princex-" Hunter taps on your shoulder.

"Hm?" You turn to face him. 

"You can't just get food for yourself from the giant kitchen and pantries?"

"Um.." You stare down at the floor. Damn, maybe you are spoiled. But it's how you were raised, so whatever. "Hey." You get the attention of the chef you had just talked to. 

"Yes, your highness?"

"Cancel that." You say, walking past the kitchen into the pantry. "Okay, Goldie. How do I..?"

"What do you want?"

"Um.." You pause. "Cupcakes.."

"Okay." He walks into the pantry and grabs a bunch of random ingredients, carrying them back into an empty section of the kitchen.

"What are you gonna do with raw griffin eggs?" You question.

"Um.. bake them? In the oven?" He answers like it's obvious. He takes off his leather gloves and replaces them with thin rubber chef's gloves and rolls back his sleeves.

"Or we could always just ask for cupcakes. No offense to your cooking ability, but you're a guard, not a chef. And I don't really trust you not to poison me."

"If I killed you, my Uncle would kill me." He says, focusing on the bowl of things he was pouring into it. "Wanna stir?" 

"I don't get it."

"You've never watched the chef's cook?"

"Sure I have!" You say defensively, taking the bowl and spoon from him and stirring it slowly.

"No, you have to really mix it. Like this." He puts his gloved hand over yours and shows you how to mix the cupcake batter.

"I know." You pull it away from him. "I was warming up, dummy." You reach up to itch your cheek and feel the flour rub onto your face.

"Whatever you say, your highness." He sighs, taking off his mask and rubbing his eye. You stop stirring for a moment, staring at his face. The one you haven't really seen much of since he was nine. He's changed. He looks up at you, pausing, and then smiling in a half-laugh. "You stopped stirring, Princex." You blink, nodding.