~please kill me, I'm not singing I'm asking~

Now Playing: Little Girls from Annie (2014) 

--- 

"I mean, honestly! Who do they think they are?" You shout, pacing back and forth in your room. "Just because I'm a Princex doesn't mean I can't take care of myself! I mean, it's not my fault they never taught me how to defend myself. How am I supposed to run the Boiling Isles one day if they keep me in here my whole life?"

"Princex, I'm just here to protect you and do my job, not give you life advice, or parental advice." Goldie says. "I mean, if I'm being honest, this room isn't a bad place to spend your life." He shrugs. "But we can't all have everything."

"I do not have everything. I mean, sure the luxuries are wonderful!" You argue. "But I can't do anything fun, and I have toxic parents and the pressure of a whole kingdom." 

"Fair enough." He shrugs. "I'm still not here for life advice though."

"Well, you're stuck with me anyways." You say.  "But how the hell do they expect me to run a kingdom if they're keeping me cooped up in here rotting away all my life? I mean, they've hardly taught me a thing! It's so stupid." You pause, thinking. "Am I taking over the kingdom when I turn eighteen?"

"Your highness, why would I know that?"

"Well, I dunno! I- I think I am! I'm supposed to." You sit down on your bed, kicking your legs back and forth. "Do I have to get married?" You scrunch up your face. "Because I do not want to get married at eighteen."

"There's no law that says the ruler has to be married, Princex." He shrugs.

"Oh thank the Titan." You sigh. Pausing, you turn to face Hunter, your reflection in his mask staring back at you. "Wanna run away?" You smile.

"No."

"Why?" You groan as if you weren't expecting that answer.

"Because I know you love the summer ball, and I know you'd hate for your parents to make you miss it." He shrugs. "And also it's my job to make sure you don't run away."

"I loved it when I was seven."  You say. "But how would you know anything about what I like since then, huh?"

"Because I know things, Princex." He sighs. "Are you ever gonna go to sleep? Or at least do something other than talk?"

"Well not with that attitude I'm not."

"What?"

"What?"

---

You wake up to see that it was still dark out, and you really wanted some water. You peek over the edge of your bed, seeing that Hunter was reading something on the floor, still in his full Golden Guard suit.

"Psst.. Hunter." You whisper. 

"Y/N? Go back to sleep."

"You go to sleep." You say. "But not yet, I need water."

"Do you not have water?" 

"Uh.." You look at your nightstand. "No."

"Titan.." He mutters. You smile at him sarcastically.

"C'mon." You get up, stretching. "I'm too scared of dark hallways to go by myself." You head toward the door and reach for the knob.

"Um.. Princex." Hunter starts. You tug at the door but it won't open. "Y/N, it's- it's magic. You can't get out."

"What the shitballs?" You complain, continuing to tug at the doorknob.

"Princex.." He walks up to you, grabbing the doorknob over your hand. The leather of his gloved hand brushing against yours. You step back, and he opens the door with ease.

"What if this was my final straw?" You half-joke. "What would my parents say if this was the last reason, and I'm fucking done no-"

"I'll be right back, Princex." He interrupts you.

"Wait-" You try to follow him through the doorway, but you're stopped by some kind of magical forcefield. "Dammit."

---

You were laying upside down at the foot of your bed when the door finally opened again and Hunter tossed a water bottle at you. You grabbed it and sat up excitedly, chugging half of it in a few seconds.

"Now I'm gonna have to pee, dammit." You sigh.

"Okay, goodnight, your highness." 

"Don't your highness me." You cross your arms.

"Don't make me get you water at three in the morning." He mimics you, doing the same. You stick your tongue out at him, and he can't do it back because of his dumb mask.

"Goldie, I don't think you realize how bad this is." You sigh, flopping back down on your bed. 

"How bad what is, your highness?"

"The fact that I can't have silly late night adventures around the castle!" You sigh.

"Complain to me in the morning, this isn't apart of my job."

"Sorry, I forgot that talking to your friends wasn't apart of the child soldier job description." You respond.

"People are dying, your highness. You'll survive without your late night adventures in the castle that you live in." 

"Whatever."

"Is this how it feels to be the parent to a toddler?" 

"Goodnight, Goldie."

"Thank the Titan." He sighs.

"I said goodnight."

"Goodnight, your highness."