Chapter 59- future

Me and Rachel are sat in the living room floor. "So what did your dad want?" She says. I smile. "Wanted to know how I was doing and then he offered me a job" I say. Rachel looks at me confused. "Didn't you leave your dad's company like 3 months ago" she says. I nod my head. She chuckles. "Well what was he offering you position wise" she says. I smile at her.

"Uh VP and head of operations out here" I say. She chuckles. "That's one hell of a step up reg" she says. I nod my head. "Yeah he's opening an office here and wants me to run it" I say. Rachel nestles close to me. "Well you know what they say family's important but do you want to work for your dad again" she says. I raise my eyebrow. "Well I dunno I mean yeah I think I do but Joel has been nothing but good to me, I'm going back to work tomorrow so I'll speak to him about it" I say. Rachel nods her head. "Follow your heart" she whispers in my ear. She then pulls me off the floor. "Come on we should get you to bed if your going back to work" she says. She pulls me upstairs and into her bed. "I'll get all your stuff into your new house tomorrow and have it on the market by lunch" she says. I smile and kiss her. "Fuck I think I'd be lost without you" I say. I wrap my arms around her and we drift off.

I wake up before Rachel the next day. I silently slip out of bed trying my best not to wake her. I sneak into the ensuite bathroom and shower. I manage to shower and dry myself off with a towel without waking Rachel. I quickly dart over to my room and grab the bag of clothes. I carry it through to Rachel's room and start to get dressed. She stirs as I pull a fresh pair of underwear on.

"Morning sleepy head" I say. She giggles. "Hey yourself hottie" she says sleepily. I go over and kiss her lips. I then start to pull on a pair of trousers. Rachel sits there watching me get dressed. "If you keep ogling me I'm gonna make you pay me" I say. She giggles and leans forwards. I pull a shirt on and spin to face her as she crawls across the bed. "I don't think you'll make me pay" she says giving her butt a little wiggle. I start to do up my shirt buttons. "Yeah I couldn't charge someone as cute as you" I say. Rachel goes red faced. I start trying to do my tie. "Fuck I still can't do these damn things right" I say. She giggles and kneels on the bed. She loops her finger through part of my shirt and gently pulls me closer. She wraps the tie round my collar and starts to tie it. Once she's done she giggles. "I hope you know I'm resisting the urge to peanut you right now" she says.

I chuckle. "You wouldn't dare" I say. She giggles and lunges forwards. I start to tickle her. She lands back on the bed and I tickle her. "Oh fuck reg how could you!?!" She exclaims. I giggle and stop tickling her. She kneels on the bed again. "You threatened to peanut me so I used your weakness against you" I say. She giggles. I pull my suit jacket on and look at the time. I kiss Rachel. "I've gotta go but I'll be back later baby" I say. She giggles and lays back on the bed.

I get into the Audi and drive to work. I park in my parking space and walk into the office. I reach the elevator when Gemma rushes towards me. "REG" she exclaims. I hold the elevator door open for her. "Hey" she says. I chuckle and press the buttons for our floors. "Hey" I say. She smiles she the hugs me. "Thank you" she says. I look at her bamboozled. "For putting my name in for your old departments head job" she says. I nod my head. "Oh congrats" I say to her beaming. She smiles. "Are you ok? I uh heard about you and Alexis" she says. I sigh and nod my head.

"I'm getting by" I say as the elevator arrives at her floor. The door opens and in front of us is a flustered looking meg. Gemma gives her a knowing look and heads for her office. "Welcome back" meg says to me. I smile and chuckle looking at meg. "Your uh a bit flustered" I say. She smiles. "Oh uh yeah don't ask" she says. I chuckle and give her a knowing look. "Alexis?" I say. She nods her head. "Listen I uh my dad offered me a job with him, I'm gonna talk to Joel and maybe I'll take it, if I take it I'll tell him he should make you VP" I say. Meg looks at me confused. "Your going back to Leeds?" She says. I chuckle. "Fuck no he's looking to open an office here, I'd be head of operations and VP there" I say. She nods her head. "But why me?" She says. I chuckle. "Fuck me meg, a woman of your talent and skill shouldn't be a sectary" I say. She smiles and hugs me. "Thank you" she says. I chuckle and pat her back. "I've not left yet" I say. She giggles. We reach our floor and walk to Joel's office. I knock on his door. "Come in" he shouts. "Good luck" Meg whispers.

I step into his office. "Reg welcome back!" He exclaims. I smile and sit down. "Oh your gonna tell me your dad offered you a job aren't you" he says. I raise an eyebrow at him. He chuckles. "Reg me and your dad go back to uni, we didn't really keep in touch but he came by yesterday and told me he wanted to offer you a job" he says to me. I look at him confused. "God CEOs do talk reg" he says. I burst out laughing. He stands up and sits next to me. "Listen reg, your a good kid. Your one of the best businessmen I've ever met if you took this job with your dad I'd totally understand" he says. I smile at him.

"Thank you" I say. He chuckles and pats my back. "Uh Joel if I do go uh make Meg VP" I say. He looks at me surprised. "Now I'm surprised to hear that, explain it to me" he says. I smile at him. "Well family's important firstly, secondly a woman with megs skill and talent is wasted behind a sectarys desk, thirdly megs changed a lot since the over dose, admittedly only recently have I seen a different side of her but she's not the same girl that she was, she's the best damn businesswoman that I've had the pleasure of working with and I think you should give her a second chance" I say. He smiles at me and kids his head. "I'll keep that in mind if you do go" he says. I smile. "Uh if it's okay with you, I'll go" I say. He smiles and pats me on the back. "I want the Audi back" he says. I pull the keys out my pocket and he bursts out laughing. "Oh god I was joking consider it a gift from me" he says. I smile at him. "Thanks Joel" I say. I stand up and he hugs me. "Your a good kid reg" he says. I head for the door. "Wait go and get Meg" he says.

I go and get Meg. "Meg your gonna be VP now" he says when she's in the room. She looks surprised she hugs me and kisses my cheek. "Thank you" she says to me