xxvii.

chapter 27 | forgive me?

todoroki was freaking out.

he looked like a chill ice block on the outside, but on the inside, his control center in his brain was basically on fire, and the little todorokis running inside were too busy trying to put it out. he didn't know what he did wrong, but he saw his sister pissed off at exam time enough times to know that the [h/c]-nette girl was utterly irked at something.

and that something was him. he didn't know what he did wrong, but he sure as heck knew that he wanted to make it up to her.

it's weird. before her, he couldn't give two cents about what other people thought about him, more so the girls from his school, or even his supposed social circle. but ever since he met the enigma called [name] [surname], todoroki had started to find double meanings in everything she said to him, did to or with him, or even just paying attention to how much he paid attention to her.

it was very very confusing to say the least.

he remembered his sister complaining about how her boyfriend back then had forgotten to give her a present on white day, and she wasn't going to talk to him for a week. the next day, she had gone home with a giant smile on her face, carrying a bouquet of white, red, and blue roses the color of her hair and eyes, talking about how sweet her boyfriend was.

maybe flowers will make her happy. todoroki took out his phone, searching up the nearest flower delivery shop, choosing a bouquet of a dozen assorted roses.

just then, the curtains swished back, and his friend that he was very confused about came out holding two trays filled with piping hot food. panicking, he shoved his phone back into his pocket, not completing his order.

"eat up."

so he did. the only sounds that they exchanged between them were the clinking of chopsticks, small clinks of the ceramic bowls, and the asmr sounds of tazuki sharpening the knives in the kitchen.

todoroki didn't look up, hesitant to glance at her angry face.

"...school was hard today."

she snorted derisively. "wow, didn't know that there would come a day where school would become hard for prodigy boy."

he stared blankly at him. "what is the point of education, if not to educate people of their short comings? wouldn't it make more sense that school was hard today?"

she looked him in the eyes, genuinely questioning whether he was making a joke or was he actually being serious.

turns out that he was being serious.

she smacked her hand on her forehead, creating an already reddening mark about the size of her palm. "never mind, golden boy."

to his surprise, her tone did not hold any grudges, nor did it hold irritation, but rather an amused lilt, the happiest he's heard from her all day. and strangely, that made his heart do a little flip. flowers...

in his training recently, he had been focusing on making more intricate, more delicate sculptures with his ice. what brought that on? he forgot. but now, all that training would come in handy.

concentrating on the cold tips of his right hand, he visualized the soft petals of a white flower he saw growing in his garden. he didn't realize that the soft sounds of chopsticks hitting the bowl beside him had stopped, he was too focused on the ice figure he was trying to make.

when he opened his eyes, he couldn't help but be surprised and a little frustrated at the result. what was supposed to be a bouquet of flowers was instead a lone lily flower, misshapen around the edges and crumbling at the sides into small powdery snow.

oh well.

placing it on a piece of tissue from the grey and white dispenser that had hand-drawn doodles on them, the red- and white-haired boy pushed it over to her side of the table, not looking at her.

"forgive me, please?"

she probably thinks it looks stupid. he wanted to slam his head into the table. why would i make that for her? that was literally the lamest thing you could do.

and oh boy, she thought it was lamest thing she's ever seen.

cheesy as fuck.

the flower wasn't even that good, and it was just the basic shape, barely even different from a bunch of beautiful shiny crystals arranged in a way that resembled a lily in winter.

but did i forget to mention that she was also a hopelessly cheesy romantic that tried finding that type of love in fanfiction?

i did? oh well.

so, her being the dumbass who combusts at the slightest movement from this hot specimen in front of her, blushed beet red from head to toe, and couldn't look at him directly. she mumbled, sending mental uwus to him. "of course, dummy."

completed 12.03.20
3:53:29 p.m. a.e.s.t.
(australian eastern
standard time)

published 12.03.20
4:34:42 p.m. a.e.s.t.
(australian eastern
standard time)

republished 08.29.23
4:23:02 p.m.a.e.s.t.
(Australian eastern
standard time)