a new town is a blue town | josephine x f!reader

1,608 words
proofread
obviously pajama game references (hence the title) and like one falsettos reference
this is in between/during 'a poor little millionaire' and 'some like it hot' since idk what happens in between the two songs (as i've mentioned, i've never seen the show)
mentions of being used for your body, the word whore, and the word fuck
they don't have sex at the end 💔
proofread
enjoy
_______________________________

You walked quickly through the crowded square, Sugar walking by your side. You two looked like giddy children as you approached the hotel.

The Hotel Del Coronado, the sign read. You looked at it with hope. Sugar looked at it with excitement.

"It looks like a movie set!" She exclaimed, grabbing your forearm.

"I've never seen anything like it! The view is..." Daphne started, a wide grin on her face.

"Absolutely beautiful!" Said both her and Osgood. One thing set them apart, though. Osgood was looking at her while Daphne was looking at the hotel.

Sugar squealed while running in, You shook your head as a smile sat upon your features.

"It's breathtaking." A voice behind you said. You turned around to be met with Josephine's face.

"Right? I never expected something this..." You trailed off, not being able to find the right word.

"Lovely? Beautiful? Gorgeous?" She listed off with a chuckle.

"Yes, exactly!" You replied with an excited smile. She giggled at your reaction.

"This really makes me wanna run away to Mexico," She started, "Just imagine how lovely it would be! Hotels like this everywhere."

You hummed out in agreement, although, you were confused. She was adamant about running away to Mexico. You couldn't blame her, though. The U.S. was boring as shit sometimes.

You two walked in while Sugar admired the decor and Osgood ogled over Daphne. Josephine snorted at how the hotel owner was treating Daphne.

"I'll be right back..." Josephine uttered while walking over to try and help her friend.

You walked over to Sugar, who was obsessing over the intricate details of the hotel.

"You having fun there?" You joked.

"Oh, yes! It's wonderful, Y/N!" She exclaimed while rushing to your side.

"Yeah, I agree. Although, I do miss Chicago." You admitted absentmindedly.

She stared at you, shocked. "How could you miss Chicago when you have all of this?" Sugar asked while making you look at the surroundings.

"I... I don't know. A new town is just a blue town, right? There's no red carpet at our feet—"

"Yet!" The girl interjected with a grin.

"Yeah, you're right. This... This is gonna be fun." You told her (and yourself).

She grinned at you before getting your keys from Sweet Sue.