using you | marvin x m!reader

835 words
before whizzer and marvin
listen to using you by mars argo while reading this
reader and marvin are NOT in a healthy relationship
i have two drafts on here for two new c borle characters so stay tuned in or whatever
proofread (but kinda bad bc i just wanted to write smth)
enjoy
______________________________

The door to Marvin's place opened around 3 PM, and you stepped inside. No one was home since his wife was out camping with their son for the week, and he was at work. You had the entire week to yourselves. To say that you were ecstatic was an understatement.

You heard Marvin come barging into the living room around 3 hours later, obviously angry. When he was angry, it made for amazing sex (or terrible arguments), so you strolled out of the bedroom that he shared with his wife.

"Are you gonna ask me what's wrong, or are you just gonna stand there and stare?" He asked after a minute while standing parallel to you, tapping his foot on the floor.

"Depends. Are you gonna be a dick about it?" You retorted in the same tone while inching closer to him.

"Jesus Christ—You always do this!" He groaned while throwing his work jacket onto the couch, which made your face contort with disgust.

"Hang up all your clothes!" You shouted while picking the thing up. Lord, it was ugly as shit.

"Go fuck yourself!" He yelled back from the kitchen.

"Maybe I will." You mumbled while folding the item of clothing and walking back to the bedroom.

The bickering wasn't anything new between you two. In fact, it probably happened every time you saw him. You kind of hated it, but... That's just how Marvin was. You had to deal with it because you lov... Liked him.

He walked into the bedroom and leaned on the door frame. You noticed the top few buttons on his shirt were undone.

"How was your day?" You asked in an overly sweet tone, obviously sarcastic.

"Oh, so now you care about me?" He scoffed while walking past you and sitting on the opposite edge of the bed so that your backs were facing each other.

"I always care about you." You said under your breath, praying that it went unnoticed by Marvin. It did.

"Maybe if you weren't such a bitch—" You started after a moment of silence.

"Just stop. Stop talking." He hushed you while lying down and looking at the ceiling.

"I'd be damned if I listened to a man who wears flannel." You snarled while briefly looking at him.

"Why can't you just be nice? Just be a pretty boy and watch your mouth and love me."

"Well, maybe if you didn't make it so fucking hard, I would!"

"I'd make it easy if you—"

"Don't fucking start this, Marvin."

He sat up and looked at you with a glare.

"You can sleep on the couch tonight. I'd be damned if I let a boy talk down to me in my own house." Marvin yelled while throwing a pillow at you.

"Fuck you!" You yelled back while catching the pillow and walking back out to the living room.

Even though none of this affected you, you still felt the flow of silent tears on your warm cheeks. How did you two even get this far? It was supposed to be a measly hook-up in a bar, not whatever this was.

Whatever you two were, you didn't know. You wouldn't consider him your boyfriend because you don't think you've ever recalled a time when he had been loving to you. Yet... You two shared an intimacy that wasn't friends with benefits. Although, most of the said intimacy only happened before or after sex.

Maybe that's what this was. He was using you for sex, and nothing else. You wouldn't exactly put it past him, because that's what this was supposed to be. Only sex, nothing more.

You didn't do feelings. You didn't do Marvin, yet here you were.

"Baby, I'm sorry." A voice said, breaking you from your thoughts.

"What?"

"I said, I'm sorry."

"If you think you're getting some sort of sexual thanks for this, you're wro—"

"No!" Marvin yelled out before lowering his voice. "I mean, no. I don't want anything other than your forgiveness... And maybe you back in bed with me." He said quietly while walking to the side of the armrest your head was currently on.

"I..." You looked up at him, and for once in his life, he looked genuine. No malice, lust, or sarcasm behind his eyes. Just pure sadness, and... And love?

"Please, Y/N. I hate sleeping in an empty bed, I need y—"

You cut him off by yanking his hand and bringing his lips to yours. There wasn't any hint of sex or want behind it. It was sweet, yet passionate.

"I forgive you." You mumbled against his lips as your foreheads pressed together.

You knew that he wasn't going to change. He never did. You knew that he was going to continue to only call you over when he was horny or needed some company.

Yet you couldn't help but smile as you fell asleep in his arms, a similar smile adorning his face.