Chapter 5

I passed out for god knows how long and somehow I'm still absolutely exhausted. Dinner will probably be in a little while so I figure in the meantime I should shower and change. The glade is quite literally full of hormonal teenage boys so I decided to get someone to stand guard by the door while I shower.

I don't exactly have a huge variety of guys here I trust, actually I don't trust any of them but some more than others I guess. Really just Newt, Minho, Frypan, and maybe Ben, I'm still iffy on him. Newt never actually told me when the Runners get back each day and Frypan is probably working on making dinner right now so I guess the decision is made for me.

I walk out of the small wooden building and start making my way towards the gardens where Newt shoulde be working right now. About halfway there I stop dead in my tracks when I spot two small figures running out of one of the openings in the wall.

I squint, trying to make out who it is and eventually I realize it's Minho and Ben. Smiling, I jog over to them. Minho is all sweaty, I mean really- the guy is drenched. His blue button up shirt is clinging to his chest, showing off the muscles there and leaving little to the imagination. Somehow his hair is still in perfect condition, it looks the same as it did when he left this morning.

Minho smiles when he reaches me, "How ya doin crazy? Ya miss me?" He winks, slinging his sweaty arm over my shoulder. "Mhm oh yeah totally. Couldn't stop thinking about you all day Min." I shoot back, my voice dripping with sarcasm. A small chuckle comes from Ben which only makes me smile more.

"Anyway, I was wondering if you could stand guard outside while I shower. Unless you have something else you need to do, I can get Newt to do it." I push him sweaty arm off of me as we continue walking through the glade. "No I can do it, don't worry about it. Ben you can take care of the drawings right?"

I was confused but didn't question what the hell he was talking about. Ben walked off in another direction towards a building that I'm now realizing Newt never showed me. I'll have to ask him about that later I guess. I clutched my extra set of clothes to my chest as we walked towards the showers. "So how was the tour, I know Alby can be a bit difficult but you'll get used to him."

"Alby didn't give me the tour. Actually I haven't seen him all day. After you and Ben left for the maze I begged Newt to give me the tour instead." I explained. Minho looked over at me, shocked and confused. "Seriously? And he just- agreed?! Did he ask Alby first or someth-" Minho kept rambling until I slapped my hand over his mouth. He tensed up a bit, then relaxed and I removed my hand.

"No, I just asked him and he agreed. Why are you acting all weird about it?" I playfully shove Minho and he stumbled a bit then looks down, grinning. "I've seen countless greenies beg Newt, literally on their hands and knees beg him to give them the tour to avoid Alby's wrath. He's never agreed, he's never even considered it. Why did he agree to do it for you so quickly?" He looks up at me, making eye contact with his dark brows furrowed.

I shrug and repeat myself from earlier, "It's all about a wink and a smile baby." I smirk, winking at Minho. I swear I can see gears turning in that thick head of his. "I've gotta try that." He mumbles, resting his hand on his chin and I force myself to hold back my snicker.

I absolutely can not wait to see Minho try to flirt with someone to get something, especially Frypan. We make our way towards the showers, mostly in silence but there's a few jokes and shoves here and there. When we finally arrive he stands outside and holds the door open for me to step inside.

The room is pretty small, with only two makeshift showers and a small counter against one wall. Newt warned me earlier that there was very little water set aside for showering and it was very cold. I grab some soaps from the counter and set them in the shower and place my new set of clothes on the counter before stepping into the shower and closing the curtain.

I brush my now slightly greasy hair, over my shoulder and take a deep breath before turning the water on. What Newt said earlier was the goddamn underestimate of the year. My teeth were chattering within seconds and goosebumps spread across my whole body. I quickly drench my hair in the water before shutting the shower off again and grabbing the shampoo.

I finish in the shower not long after that but it honestly felt like the longest shower of my life (even though I don't actually remember my life). I wring my hair out and step out of the shower. It was in that moment that I realized I had no towel, I took a deep breath and strode over to the door, opening it only a crack.

"Minho!" I whisper shout. "Wha-" he starts, turning around and stops when he realizes I'm naked. All he can see is my head, one shoulder and part of my arm. His eyes follow a few water droplets trailing down my collarbone and onto my chest where he can't see. Slowly his eyes make their way back up to mine.

"If you're done enjoying the show I would deeply appreciate a towel." I seethe, glaring daggers at him but he remains completely unphased. "Did Newt not give you one after the tour?" He asks, his eyes slowly trailing back down. "Clearly not!" I exclaim, gesturing to my very naked and very wet body even though he can barely see any of it.

"I- I mean I could go get you one but I'd have to leave the door unguarded and I doubt you're cool with that." He stutters, taking small breaks between every couple words. I weighed my options, I could either stand here and air dry or stand here naked with the door unguarded for at least 5 minutes which I did not wanna do.

Just then I spot someone walking not too far away. "Bring him over here." I order Minho, gesturing to him. Minho follows my orders and jogs after him. During this time I shut the door again and let out a small sigh of relief. There's a faint knock from the other side of the door and I open it again, slightly wider than before.

Newt's jaw immediately falls when he sees me.

"Bloody hell..."

1167 Words
Edited

The Maze Runner|| Newtजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें