Chapter 11

The next night was the same way. I barely slept at all and any time I did it was plagued by those horrible nightmares. The only food I was given was bread and water delivered by Frypan twice a day. He was acting normal at least. Each time he brought me food he'd stay for a little while just to talk to me. No one else came by though.
No Ben...
No Minho...
No Newt...

'They're all just busy'
I told myself, Minho and Ben are both runners so by the time they're back from the maze they're probably exhausted. Plus Newt is second in command, he has much better things to be doing.

No matter how many excuses I made up I was still miserable. I wanted them to want to come talk to me. Whether I wanted to talk to them or not however, was unknown. I was scared of seeing them again. Newt's face as I ran away after nearly killing that guy still flashed in my mind, constantly reminding me of that night.

I went too far, I know that. I would give anything to know what Newt was thinking in those moments. Even if it would hurt me. I'll need to be prepared for whatever happens once I'm let out out the pit in the morning. Part of me wanted to stay here and enjoy the solitude within these 4 small stone walls. But the other part of me wanted to get out of here and sleep in an actual bed that would hopefully keep away these nightmares.

My whole body ached from the uncomfortable positions it was forced into in the pit, and I was almost always covered in goosebumps from the cold stone pressing against my bare skin. Other than a real bed, the thing I'm most looking forward to when I get out of here is a shower and change of clothes. Someone here better have a hoodie and when I find it, I'm taking it.

I sighed, pressing my head against the wall and raking a hand through my dirty, ratty hair, attempting to comb it. That's another one of the main things that bothered me about being in here, that my hair was a mess and dirty and I started to smell pretty bad. That part bothered me the most. I couldn't explain why.

Spending 3 days in a cold dark pit with little food and nothing to occupy me but my thoughts and the part about me smelling bad is what bothers me. When you lay it out like that it sounds ridiculous. But with everything that's happened lately my brain has had plenty to ponder. Within the past few days my mind has covered everything from the mystery of the glade and the maze all the way to me almost killing that guy and my nightmares.

It was dark and Frypan had just left after giving me dinner not too long ago. My eyes drooped but I fought the urge to close them. Despite doing nothing the past few days, my body was absolutely exhausted from the severe lack of sleep I'd been getting. Sleep became something for me to fear. I wanted to know more about my past but I never really learned anything, all it gave me was more questions I'd probably never get the answers to.

Despite my best efforts to stay awake, my body betrayed me and slumped against the wall as my eyes closed.

There was a boy, different from the one who'd stabbed me, standing on the other side of glass, staring at me. He had big dark brown eyes and sandy blonde hair with bangs. He looked to be around 8 and judging by how much closer to the floor I seemed than usual, I'm guessing I was too. His eyes lit up as he looked at me and his pink lips turned up into an adorable smile. He was missing a few teeth but it didn't take away from his cuteness.

He had two tall guards on either side of him wearing helmets and all black with guns and all kinds of weapons attached to their belts. Sooner than I'd like the two guards forced him to continue walking forward, out of my sight and I couldn't help but miss him.

Another memory, we're older this time, probably around 11, and I'm standing, staring at the same boy as before but this time there's no glass barrier between us. He has a mischievous smile on his face and I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it. "Where are we going?" I whispered harshly. His hand his softly clasped around my wrist dragging me off to god knows where. "It's a surprise." He says before shushing me and leading me further through the all white hallways light up by bright fluorescents.

Eventually we end up in a small room which I was shocked was unlocked. It was dark, pitch black actually. I wouldn't have known the boy was in front of me if his hand weren't on my wrist. His hand slowly slipped down to mine and interlaced our fingers. My heart sped up and I could feel my face getting red, even though I couldn't see him, I could feel him looking at me. "Where are we?" I whisper, tightening my fingers against his hand, hoping he doesn't pull away.

He lets out a breathy laugh and I just know he's grinning and I know exactly what that grin looks like. Like it's burned into my brain. A smile I could never forget. I hear a flicking noise and before I know it the room is flooded with light. My eyes instinctively shut before slowly opening them again.

My eyes open, meeting with the sight of the dark, empty pit. It's still night time and cold as a witch's tit outside. My dream clouds my mind.

My dream.
It wasn't a nightmare this time
No testing, no syringes, no fighting or knives.
Just a cute boy looking at me.
A cute boy holding my hand.
Leading me around god knows where and surprising me with something.

I felt this longing inside of me for him, I missed him. It was the most unexplainably strong feeling I've ever had. I'd never even met the boy, well, I have, but I have no real memory of it. It didn't make any sense but it was there, I wanted nothing more than to fall asleep again and see more of this boy. Find out more.

But when I closed my eyes again and sleep took over I wasn't met with a dream or even a nightmare. It was the first peaceful sleep I'd gotten in what felt like forever and it was the one time I didn't want it.

1114 Words
Edited
Kinda a short chapter but I'm tired. School is kicking my ass man.