Chapter 6

His chocolate brown eyes slowly trail down my body, taking it all in. Now my head, shoulder, side of my leg, and my part of my chest are visible. The door completely covers my breasts but just barely. "Stop gawking and stand guard outside the door while Minho gets me a towel."

Newt's face turns a fierce shade of pink and his mouth snaps shut but he says nothing in response. "Wha- why do I have to get it?!" Minho exclaims, crossing his toned arms over his chest. My attention snaps to him and I glare daggers, "Well first of all, because I told you to and second of all because I need to yell at Newt for not giving me one in the first place."

"Wow, what a punishment." Minho grumbles, walking away to get me my towel. "You- you- you uhm-" Newt starts but his face only grows more red as he tries his hardest to look anywhere but at me. "Sorry about forgetting to get your towel earlier. It honestly just skipped my mind."

He did genuinely look apologetic so I decided to forego all the yelling I'd planned on doing. "It's fine. You'll have to make it up to me eventually though." I say, my eyes trailing down his body. After working out in the gardens for a few hours his beige  tank top clung to his chest and the sweat on his arms made them glisten in the light.

His strong, toned arms.

I stare at them, longer than I should be before my eyes trail even further down to his hands. That was an even worse decision. His long fingers hung, slightly curved, probably used to that position from grasping shovels or hoes for a long period of time.

I can think of a hoe he could grab
I think, and boy do I need to acquire a goddamn filter. No but for real though.

His tank hung low, exposing part of his chest, my eyes lingered there for a moment before moving back up to his face. A bead of sweat trickled down his forehead, along his jawline, and down his neck. His hair was all messy and it stood on the line between hot and cute, not bothering to fall one way or the other.

Despite all that what came out of my mouth was, "You look like you need a shower." Never have I wanted to slap myself across the face so badly. Shock flashed across his face before he chuckled. "Yeah I was actually on my way to wake you up for dinner and grab my stuff for a quick shower." He wipes the back of his head against his forehead, clearing it of sweat.

I press my lips together, studying his features. His thin blonde eyebrows, pinching together while looking at me. His square jaw, clenching. His long lashes fanning over his deep brown eyes that continue to flicker between my face and a bit lower before shooting back up. 

I knew I should probably say something and end this- whatever this was. But I couldn't. I stayed there, frozen to the spot, admiring the work of art infront of me. That was until my staring session was rudely interrupted by Minho's panting sweating ass running up to us. He handed me my towel with a kind smile and I took it mumbling "Thanks Min." before shutting the door.

Honestly I was pretty much dry by this point but I guess it was still necessary for drying my hair a bit more since I didn't want it dripping on my clothes. I slipped on my undergarments, both shocked and uncomfortable that my bra fit perfectly.

'Well that's a bit creepy'

I think, pulling on my green shorts, they were actually really comfy and had plenty of pockets. I buttoned up the white cropped shirt and smoothed it out to the best of my ability. The outfit was cute as hell I've gotta admit but I don't know if being stuck in a small patch of land surrounded by a maze with monsters in it is exactly the time to 'look cute'.

With the towel Minho gave me I dry my hair until I'm satisfied then use my fingers to comb through it

With the towel Minho gave me I dry my hair until I'm satisfied then use my fingers to comb through it. I take a deep breath and collect my dirty clothes and towel then walk outside hitting two people in the process.

I look up to see both Newt and Minho standing there. "You know you didn't both need to stay here right?" I ask, chuckling and pushing my way past them to go back to Newt's room. They both follow me the entire walk, silently. Once we arrive and I set my stuff down I spin around to look at them.

They're both standing by the door next to each other, stone faced yet blushing. "What the hell is up with you two?" I look back and forth between the two of them, furrowing my brows. "Nothing." They said in unison.

I raise my brow and roll my eyes before pushing past them to head to dinner. It'll be much easier to deal with whatever is going on there after I get some of Frypan's delicious food. I swear that man will steal my heart with his cooking (and with all the bacon he gives me).

A smile makes its way across my face when I get to the front of the food line. Frypan's whole demeanor changes and a grin forms on his face. "How ya doin Fry?" I ask as he hands me my plate of food. "Better now." He jokes, shrugging as I walk away to the same table I sat at for breakfast. Newt and Minho aren't far behind me and Ben is already seated and eating.

I sit directly across from Ben this time since the other two are acting all weird and I may as well have an actual conversation with someone during dinner. "So, find anything new in the maze?" I question, shoving a piece of chicken in my mouth.

Ben shrugs, "No not really. Same old, same old. We'll find something soon though." At least he's being optimistic about it, someone needs to be.

Throughout the rest of dinner Newt and Minho were silent and if Ben or I tried talking to them they were pretty dry so we spent the whole meal just talking to each other. It was actually a really good opportunity to get to know Ben better and I don't regret it. He's super sweet and funny.

He informed me that the bonfire will start just after dark so it won't be too much longer. Frypan hands out drinks and snacks including some secret drink that Gally makes I guess, I still don't know who that is. Most people just talk and hang out, it's the one night a month gladers get to have fun.

I was honestly looking forward to it but I'm a bit worried to meet more people here, especially after what happened when I first showed up.

1176 Words
Edited