Chapter 1; Unspoken Fears (ShinobuPOV)

My eyes wandered, looking at the other girls jealously. They were gawking at us, specifically at Giyu. Did they find him attractive? Too bad. I would hunt them down one by one...striking them to death. My poisons were meant for killing demons...but I always made them effective to humans. 

Tomioka-san.

You are mine.

No one else can say anything else about that.

"Kocho. No demons here. Let's go." Tomioka-san! My fingers clenched at the thought of anyone else with him. I smiled at him, my heart throbbing. I would take out anyone who wanted him.

This was a pretty village. Also with a lot of stunning, slutty women. I didn't care. As long as Tomioka-san was mine, and as my partner in this mission, I didn't care.

"Coming Tomioka-san!" I called out, my voice as smooth as possible. His eyes were the perfection of blue, and his face was only an artwork he could master.

Oh dear. Sluts are all around us. Tomioka-San looked behind me as well as I. A delicate girl smiled at Tomioka-san masterfully. How I wanted to kill that smile off her face. My fingers wrapped around my katana, waiting for her words to come.

Soon, she won't be speaking.

Because she'll be dead.

"Hi...I wanted to-"

"Busy." I hissed, my eyesight turning red.

"Kocho. Let's go." He grabbed me by the hand and my entire body was flung into a heartrace.

This is why Tomioka is mine and mine only.

I looked back at the girl again. I wasn't ever going to let her get away with this.

First I had to get away from Tomioka-san.

***

I curled my fingers, my katana ready. Sitting on top of the dark building, I waited for her to come out. The girl was humming in the house. She would need to come out and get the water from the well. I would wait.

The instant she stepped into the dark alleyway, I pounced on her.

"Hey! What-" I covered her mouth.

"I wouldn't speak if I were you. Makes it less messy."

"Why am I here?" She whispered.

"You know why. Never mess with Tomioka-San ever again." I hissed, unsheathing my katana slowly. I smiled at her and she shrunk into the corner.

"I-is it this about the man?! I promise, I-"

"Enough. You bore me." I glared at her and struck her in the abdomen. Blood trickled down the wound. I pulled out my katana, looking through the wound I created. The poison was already festering. If she wasn't dead now, she would be soon. She gasped. Opening her mouth, she tried to scream, coughing up blood.

"Help! Help-" I covered her mouth and tore her hair out of her scalp. The muffled screams made me smile in joy.

"Learn to shut your mouth, harlot." I said, sheathing my katana. Tomioka-san! He was at the hotel. The girls flocking around him made my blood boil. I had told him that I was going to look around to find a few demons. I left the body there, flying directly back to the hotel.

She was lucky she barely talked to Tomioka-san.

I could do much worse.

***

"Tomioka-san!" I said brightly. I had returned to the hotel room, and I was at the room across. I had hoped the rooms would be full, and we would be left in one room, but they weren't. I would just have to bid my time and wait slowly until the right time came.

"Kocho, where we're you?" He asked. He was concerned for me? My heart raced at the thought. "We need to hurry this mission and find the demon."

Demons. Demons were such filthy creatures. My fingers clenched at the thought of them attacking Tomioka-san, and even more if they harmed him. Demons would pay. If not by harming Tomioka-san, then my sister.

I smiled at him brightly.

"Taking a walk, seeing if there's anything suspicious."

"You shouldn't be out so late a night." His concern for me left me spellbounded. What should I say.

"Are you concerned for me Tomioka-san?" I asked, smirking at him. My face felt hot when he turned his head to look at you.

"Possibly. As a fellow demon slayer, hashira, and mission partner, it's best if we look out for each other." I stared into his perfect blue eyes.

Oh yes.

He was worth it.

No one who tries to love him would live.

I heard a sudden noise, and a demon was holding out of claw, ready to strike down Tomioka-San. Tomioka-San turned just in time and blocked the blow.

"Quick, quick. Did they sent hashiras? Pretty face you have." Hissed the demon. She stood up, holding a cloth with shirikins attatched to it. She poised to attack, but I was already on it.

I grabbed my katana, lightly stabbing the demon multiple times until she was see through.

She dared to hurt Tomioka-san.

"Shinobu. That wasn't necessary." Tomioka-San said. His voice was the pleasure I wished to head every day.

"You're right." I said.

Tomioka-San had always intrigued me. I always found him to be an interesting person. One day, as we were done with a mission, I realized I wanted him.

Seeing him with girls made me paranoid. I knew as long as we were demon slayers, we couldn't be together.

Until then, all I could do was to protect him from those sluts.

I was destined to die.

But my precious Tomioka-san, he wasn't.

I didn't understand my logic, and I never would, but all I know was that I needed to protect Tomioka-san.

Even with my own life.

"Tomioka-san. The mission is over now, right? We should head back." I said, inwardly cursing myself for saying that. I wanted to stay with Tomioka-san but I knew it wasn't practical.

"Kocho." He stared at me and my heart thumped harder. How adorable he was, his blue aloof eyes gleaming with thought.

"Tomioka-san?"

"We could stay here longer. It's mandatory we make sure there are no more demons around here." He said.

My estimate is my book is awful.