Chapter 2; Master (GiyuPOV)

Kocho was often a mystery to me. She was sweet, but sassy. I was really confused.

"Tomioka-san, you know there is only one demon here, right?"

I didn't speak. I knew I wanted to spent more time with her, but I didn't admit it.

After awkward silence for a few minutes, people started whispering.

"Are they a couple?" Someone whispered.

"Maybe. The girl is reaaaaally hot though." I blinked back my jealousy.

"Maybe you're right. Let's go back to the master." I said.

***

"Well done my children." The master looked up at the sky, slightly smiling. "I can still she the colors of the sky. It's such a beautiful sight. A new mission may come, but for now, go ahead and rest."

We bowed to the master. I looked at Kocho.

"I'm going to the butterfly mansion, obviously. Going back to your estate?" She asked. I looked at her. Her pretty purple eyes stared into me, my heart beating really hard.

"I can come with you." I said, keeping my voice monotone.

"Oh? Are you becoming more social? Well done Tomioka-san." Her teasing made me smile inwardly to myself. Keeping a straight face, I followed her to her estate. I traced the familiar path in my heart.

I didn't say anything, but oftentimes, I would come here to think, or to Kocho's estate to talk to myself. Just being slightly near her was relaxing.

After getting there, I saw the three butterfly girls. I couldn't quite remember their names, but I remembered they were Kocho's helpers.

"Thank you Naho." She said to one of them. She smiled at me brightly.

"See you later!" She said and went inside. My heart beat harder.

I really loved her.

Why couldn't I just admit it?

***

I sat on the floor of my estate, thinking. I didn't want for Kocho to have to suffer nor die like everyone I ever loved. It was like I was cursed.

"Kaaaaaaw! Kaaaaaaaaaaaaw! Mission for Giyu Tomioka!"

I sighed. I would make sure Kocho wouldn't suffer anymore. Standing up and getting ready for the mission, I knew I would avoid Kocho unless it was necessary. It was better for the both of us.

Maybe then the people I cared about wouldn't die.

ONE YEAR LATER......