Epilogue; Safe and Sound

Author's POV

The darkness started to set, but the wisteria house had nothing to fear. Mizuko and Minoru, twins, giggled as their parents tucked them in, not having to suffer through the fear of night anymore.

"Mommy, daddy, I want you to sleep with us. It's dark and scary." Minoru said, his purple eyes wide with fear.

"I'm not scared!" Mizuko declared proudly, before hearing a crackle of thunder, then sending her tumbling towards her mother. Shinobu patted Mizuko on the head and sat down beside her.

"Shhhhhhh. Don't tell your brother nor your dad yet. Your having a sibling. Let's keep it a girls secret and when those two are about to fall asleep, then tell them, okay?" Shinobu whispered. Mizuko nodded quickly, her purple tinted curls bouncing up and down.

"Daddy, mommy won't say anything." Minoru cried. He buried his face in Giyu's arm.

"Don't worry Minoru. I'm sure they'll tell us their secrets soon."

After a night of pillow fighting, Giyu and Minoru were nearly asleep when Shinobu and Mizuko looked at each other.

"Giyu, your going to have another child." Shinobu whispered in his ear. He sat up, nearly smacking his face into the wall.

"What?" Giyu yelped. He composed himself and looked at Shinobu sternly. "You aren't lying." Giyu said questioningly. I smiled.

"I'm having another sibling?!" Minoru shrieked. "I hope I don't have another sister! I hate mine right now!"

It was a girl.

Unfortunately, Giyu and Shinobu died at ages forty. Despite avoiding the death of the mark, they didn't live for long.

However, the three kids lived long, happy lives. They learned about demons, and told their children about the wonders their grandparents gave them.

The voices of the desperate butterfly became the songs of a flight of wings.

~THE END~

This book was originally just made for your enjoyment, I didn't expect I would get so attatched to it.

Here you have it! The cries of a desperate butterfly done!