12

What.

The.

Fuck.

I feel like I just let João take my heart and throw it off a fucking cliff.

I feel so stupid.

I felt tears pouring down my cheeks, and wiped them immediately. I started to speed walk away from the art room.

He told me he loved me like 2 hours ago.

Fuck prom.

Fuck João.

I knew exactly what to do. I wasn't going to go to prom alone like a loser. I almost ran down the stairs leading to the field while wiping my eyes dry. I spotted exactly who I needed to find. I felt footsteps behinds me and heard my name.

"Bea!" I heard João shout, "Wait up!"

I carried on walking over to the basketball court, and saw Will packing up the his stuff. I almost ran over to him.

"Bea!"

I spun around to face João, and even looking at his face made me want to cry.

"I need to talk to you." He grinned, "Why didn't you wait for me?"

"Give me one second."

"Hi Will!" I said, loud enough for João to hear."

"Hey, Bea." He smiled at me, playing with his dark hair.

"I was thinking about what you said the other day, and I would love to go to prom with you."

"You serious?" He smirked. "If you would have given me a warning or something, I would've gotten you flowers or something." He spoke, while his cheeks turned pink.

"Hey, give me a hug." He said, pulling me in for a hug.

I looked behind me a saw João just staring at me. "What did you want to ask me?" I questioned.

"Um, nothing." He said, looking at his shoes.

I watched him walk away. My heart ached for him, but he asked Luzia to prom right after we told each other we loved each other. I screwed up my face, and turned around to face Will.

~

João's POV

I was packing up the art room with Luzia who was my art partner. I couldn't think about anything else but what happened on the grass, and prom.

Prom. Fuck! prom!

I've completely forgotten that prom is tonight and I was super nervous to ask Bea. I didn't even practice, and I was not prepared. I needed to practice. But I needed some advice. Girl advice. Not Diego's. Victoria was on the other side of the school, and i had no time to ask for help since it was the last class of the day.

"Hey Luzia?" I asked.

"What's up, João?"

"We'll I want to ask Bea to prom but I need some practice and you're a girl soo?"

"So you want to pretend to ask me to go to prom with you?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yes. Please." I begged.

"Fine."

"Thanks." I said.

We stood up close to the door and I was thinking about what to say.

I cleared my throat, "Um, okay. Luzia, will you go to prom with me?"

"Of course I will, João." She responded, I'm a fake tone.