Chapter 7 - The Stage Is Set

With a scream of rage, the Iron Shakespeare raised one of his hammer hands and tried to smash Cahara to the ground. Using his superior agility, Cahara leapt back, away from the blow that cracked the stone floor with a loud crack, and hurled a series of throwing knives at Iron Shakespeare.

Iron Shakespeare used his remaining hand to block the incoming projectiles, but left himself open to the red haired man's blows.

Closing the distance, the red haired man delivered a series of swings with his axe, the blade of the weapon passing through the armor with a shower of sparks, leaving behind three large gashes oozing blood.

Letting out a cry of pain muffled by his helmet, the Iron Shakespeare raised one of his hands and swung it quickly towards the red haired man, the man had little time to dodge, and so at the last minute he raised his arm, blocking the strike with his leather shield.

Unfortunately, that didn't do much to reduce the strength of the blow; the red haired man was sent flying away, slicing through the air until his back slammed against the dungeon wall.

Letting out a muted scream, due to the air knocked out of his lungs, the red haired man stood up on shaky legs as blood trickling from his mouth.

"Are you okay there, man?!?" Cahara asked, not looking away from the approaching armored knight.

The red haired man glared at Cahara, before swinging the arm that blocked the blow, giving a few thrusts in the air.

"Isn't broken." The man replied in a serious voice before grabbing his ax tightly and running towards the Iron Shakespeare.

"You don't talk much, do you?" Cahara asked with an amused smile, before advancing towards the Iron Shakespeare.

Iron Shakespeare pulled his fist back, and tried to punch Cahara in the head, with great agility, Cahara ducked, passing under the blow, cutting Iron Shakespeare's side with his scimitar, right after Cahara turned his body and pierced the knight.

The Iron Shakespeare arched his back, letting out a scream of pain and fury. Trying to hit his enemy, the Iron Shakespeare rotated his body at a speed that seemed impossible for someone wearing such heavy armor.

With a cry of surprise, Cahara ducked, avoiding the blow, but he had to back away immediately, to avoid Iron Shakespeare crushing him with his other fist, unfortunately, Cahara didn't have time to dodge the third blow, a punch that hit him in the center of his chest.

With the sound of something being broken, Cahara crossed the large stone hall and hit the ground repeatedly like a stone bouncing off the surface of a lake. When he finally stopped, Cahara tried to get up while gasping for air and clutching his chest.

"COUGH! COUGH! Son of a bitch..." Cahara muttered, reaching his hand to his leather bag and pulling out a blue herb, eating the herb quickly, Cahara stood up with a sigh of relief.

In addition, the mercenary got up in time to see the red haired man engaging Iron Shakespeare in combat. With fury in his eyes, the red haired man landed a series of vicious blows on Iron Shakespeare, who due to his heavy armor, had difficulty keeping up.

The red-haired man took a step to the side, dodging a heavy punch, and then delivered a deep cut to the Iron Shakespeare's chest, then he ducked from a blow aimed at his head and slashed the great knight's belly.

Raising both fists above his head, the Iron Shakespeare tried to crush the red haired man, planning to reduce him to a red stain on the ground, but before he could do so, the Iron Shakespeare screamed in pain, as a throwing knife passed through the opening in his helm and lodged in his left eye.