Chapter 13 - A Mage and an Alchemist

"Dammit!" I screamed in surprise as the Dark Orb hit the tunnel wall, close to my cover and ripping off part of the stone with a bang.

Looking to the side, I saw the Girl, Moonless, and Iron Shakespeare waiting for my orders.

"This guy is giving us a hard time." Kitab spoke.

"Only becaussse I want the Eclipssse Talisssman." I replied, peeking out of my cover and observing the Yellow Mage at the end of the tunnel.

Hm... The Mage will disappear, leaving only his clothes and some items behind if, I kill him, so I cannot use everything I have, but I can steal the talisman or get it by asking the right questions.

However, the Mage will not stand still while I speak, I will need to survive his blood magic to prove that I am worthy of possessing the talisman. Well, I think I had better get started.

"What isss your origin?!?" I shouted to the Mage from my cover.

"That doesn't matter; I'm just a pawn in the grand scheme of things!" The Yellow Mage shouted back, swinging his staff and conjuring another Dark Orb towards me.

I backed away again and let out an insult as the spell tore off another chunk of the wall.

"He doesn't seem in the mood to talk."

"Not now, Kitab!"

BBBZZZ!

A buzzing sound echoed through the tunnel. Looking at the Mage, I saw him casting Locust Swarm towards us with his left hand. The dark cloud of insects quickly approached, looking like a living shadow with hundreds of eyes shining within it.

"Iron Shakespeare, go ahead and burrrn those bugsss! Moonless go around and attack the Mage's legsss, but do not kill him! Girl, stay clossse to me with your dagger ready!"

Iron Shakespeare charged forward without wasting any time, turning the corner and leaping into the tunnel with his fists blazing.

The undead knight opened his arms and closed them in front of the cloud of insects, slamming his fists together and creating a flaming explosion, reducing the locusts to ashes.

Moonless was the second to act, bypassing Iron Shakespeare and leaping through the smoke cloud left by the previous attack, and charging towards the Mage with her fangs bared.

"Which God do you serrrve?!?" I asked my second question.

"I channel destruction, isn't that obvious?!?" The Mage responded, casting Pyromancy Trick and shooting a small fireball towards Moonless.

The wolf leaped to the side, yelping in pain as the flames singed her fur, but she did not appear seriously injured.

Then she returned to her attack, trying to advance towards the Mage, but being prevented from closing the distance due to the spells cast successively by her opponent.

"Gro-gorrroth?" I asked, knowing the correct answer.

"Correct! You are not completely misguided!" The Mage responded excitedly, beginning his dance.

I knew what he intended to do, cast Hurting. Moonless and Iron Shakespeare were close enough to have their limbs ripped off by the spell, but I did not allow it.

I concentrated and called out to the rats that ran across the dungeon, a few tense seconds passed as Iron Shakespeare and Moonless advanced towards the dancing Mage.

I saw the rats' point of view in my mind; they ran through the walls and tunnels, quickly approaching our location. Simultaneously, a magical circle appeared at the Mage's feet, representing Gro-Goroth's sigil.