Chapter 1 - The Call of the Dungeon

Chapter 1 – The Call of the Dungeon

My head! What happened? My body hurts. Everything seems to be spinning. Moreover, what is this annoying buzzing sound? Why is it so dark? Am I floating? Slowly I felt consciousness returning to my body, with a lot of effort, I opened my eyes.

Only to be faced with a dark void, scrambled to my feet, and nearly passing out as dizziness overtook me, I scanned the area around me, trying to figure out where I was.

There was nothing, up, down, forward, back, nothing, just a dark void, honestly, there was no up or down, as there was nothing to determine distance, my sense of depth did not exist.

Well, this must be a dream, better enjoy it while I don't wake up, lucid dreams are rare for those who don't train, so I walked forward, I think, it was strange, there was no floor, but I felt my feet stepping on something, it was soft and it made a wet noise.

I walked for a few minutes until I heard a noise, simultaneously a small bright spot appeared on the horizon, as I walked, the bright spot got bigger and the noise became clearer.

Eventually I managed to make out the noise, it sounded like drums and flutes, the dot got even bigger, its light bothered my eyes, suddenly there was an explosion of light, I had to cover my eyes to avoid being blinded.

When the light disappeared, I had a complete view of where I was, I was in space, and I saw nebulae, planets and stars everywhere, a circle of asteroids floating around me.

Looking at the ground, I saw the thing I had been stepping on all this time, it was a gigantic sphere of flesh, a shapeless mass of tentacles, mouths and teeth, this sphere was floating in front of a bright and huge red star.

Flying around the sphere of flesh, there were swarms of dark-shelled insects, I fell to the ground at this sight, this must be a dream, and it can only be a dream.

The sound of drums and flutes continued, dangerously close to me, looking at the source of the sound, I was facing an amorphous creature that was playing a large ornate flute, all that crossed my mind now, was to get out of there as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, that was my mistake, because due to my panic, I fell into one of the giant mouths of the sphere of flesh, my last sight before falling into that dark abyss full of teeth was the amorphous creature watching me.

I don't know how long I fell, but several images popped into my mind. On the other hand, was it the great pit I fell into? Never mind, I saw a majestic stone city at the bottom of the ocean, I felt my back hitting the water, as I was sinking, I felt the water entering my lungs, I saw two big eyes staring at me, these eyes belonged to a giant with the head of an octopus.

I kept sinking until I fell face down on a sand dune, I rolled down the dune, on the way I saw Egypt, the sand of the desert and the pyramids covered the horizon.

I saw the pharaoh sitting on his throne, the pharaoh looked at me and his face was transformed, in the place of his head there was a great tentacle extended upwards, the form of the pharaoh changed again, I saw nine hundred and ninety-nine different forms. With an amused laugh, the Pharaoh waved his hand and the desert sand enveloped me.

When the sand disappeared, I found myself in a forest of gnarled black trees, a dead earth beneath my feet and a sickly green sky above me; I saw a large shape reaching out from a hole in the ground.

A gigantic mass of dark tentacles and mouths oozing, the creature moved across its massive goat hooves and smaller monsters spat from its mouths, the creature grabbed me with one of its tentacles and devoured me.