Chapter 1

Katherine's POV
"Kat wake up its adoption day," I hear someone say while shaking me lightly. I open my eyes and look up to see Lilly, my roommate, standing there. "Good morning Lilly," I say. "Good morning Kat," she said. I get out of bed and she hands me an outfit. "Get ready we have to be down stairs at 10:30," she says. I nod my head and walk to the bathroom. I quickly change and go downstairs. As I'm going downstairs one of the older girls, Victoria, comes up to me and says," Look who we have here, it's the crybaby." "I am not a crybaby," I said. "Yes you are and you will never get adopted, your ugly and fat," she said. I keep my tears in to prove to her I'm not a crybaby. She leaves and I go hide in one of the corner letting the tears fall silently.
Cameron's POV
Me and the guys get out of the car. "Here we are Mrs. Grangers Adoption Center," says Nash.
~ Flashback to yesterday ~
Me and the guys were driving by when I saw a little girl looking through a window. She didn't look very happy. I look at a sign that says," Mrs. Grangers Adoption Center." When we get home I ask the guys," Do you think it would be crazy if I wanted to adopt someone." They all looked at me and said," yeah." "Well than call me crazy I want to adopt a little girl I just saw, she was starring outside her window and she looked really sad and I want to get her out of there," I said. "If you want to adopt her then we will support your decision," the guys said. "We will go to tomorrow and adopt her," I said. All the guys nodded and agreed.
As we enter the Adoption Center a lady welcomes us. "Welcome I'm Mrs. Granger are you looking to adopt someone?" she asks. "Yes we are looking to adopt a little girl, I saw her looking out the window and I want to adopt her," I said. "Well you can take a look around for her and all the girls are in the dining hall," she said. I nod and walk into the dining hall. I look around but I can't find her inside. I go into a hallway and I hear little sniffles and cries. I follow them and see a little girl crying in the corner. "Hey sweetie are you ok," I ask. She turn around and I see that it's the little girl I saw yesterday. "I'm ok sir," she says. I sit down next to her and put her in my lap. "What's your name," I ask. "I'm Katherine but I go by Kat," she said. "I'm Cameron how old are you," I said/asked. "I'm 5," she says. "I'm 20," I said. Her eyes widen and says," your big." I chuckle and nod my head. We ask each other question and she smiles every time. "How would you like if I adopted you," I asked her. She jumps up and nods her head multiple times. I pick her up and carry her to the front desk. "I want her," I said. "Ok here sign these forms while she packs her bags," the lady said. "Ok Kat go pack your stuff, my friend Nash will help you," I said pointing to Nash.
Kat's POV
He points to a guys with really blue eyes. I nod my head and walk over to Nash. I grab his hand and look up at his face. "Hi Nash I'm Kat," I said. I walk up the stairs to my room. I go into the closet and pack my clothes and shoes into my little backpack. "That's it," he asks. "Yep," I said. We go downstairs and I run to Cam. He picks me up and smiles. "Guess what," he said. "What," I said. "You are now officially Katherine Marie Dallas," he says. I hug him and he put me down. "I'll be right back," I said. I walk to the dining hall to find Lilly. When I find her and run to her and give her a big hug. "Lilly I'm getting adopted," I said to her. "Thats great I'm going to miss you," she said. "Me too," I replied. We hugged one more time and I went back to Cam. "I'm ready," I said. He grabbed my hand and we went towards a car. Once we got in I sat on Cam's lap. Nash was driving and some guy was in the front. "Cam who's that guy," I said looking at the guy. "That's Matt," he said. I nodded my head and put it in his chest. The song Counting Stars came on and I sang along. "Lately I've been, I've been losing sleep Dreaming about the things that we could be But, baby I've been, I've been praying hard
Said no more counting dollars, we'll be counting stars Yeah, we'll be counting stars," I sang. "You have a good voice Kat," said Matt. "Thanks," I said. I closed my eyes and I fell asleep.
~ At the house ~
I awoke on a bed. I look around and the room is really pretty. The wall are mint color and there is black butterfly stickers on the walls. There is a bookshelf and a TV on the wall with a small desk and chair at the corner. I get out of the room and I bump into someone. I look up but I don't recognize the face though he looks like a smaller version of Nash. "I'm sorry," he says helping me up. "Its okay, who are you," I said/asked. "I'm Hayes Nash's little brother," Hayes said. "Can you take me to Cam," I asked. He nodded and started to walk. I followed him down the stairs and into the kitchen. I see Cam and run to him. I tug on his shirt and he looks down at me. "Hey princess," he says picking me up. "hi," i said. "Did you like the room," he said. "Yeah its pretty," I said. "Well it's your room," he said. "Really," I asked. He nodded and I have him a big hug. "Do you want to watch a movie," he said. "Do you have the little mermaid," I asked. "Yes," he said walking towards the TV. He grabs the disk and puts it in. About halfway through the movie I fall half asleep. I feel myself being picked up. Moments later I'm on a bed. I open my eyes and see Cam ready to leave. "Cam," I said. "Yeah," he said. I go up to him and hug him. As I do I say," I love you-,"
Cameron's POV
"Daddy," she finishes. When she called me that I smiled and hugged her real tight. She went back to bed and soon fell asleep. I go up to her and kiss her forehead. "I love you too," I said as I left the room.