Chapter 5

Kat's POV
I wake up to the sound of the doorbell ringing. I get up and go downstairs. "Who is it," I asked. "Its Mason," I heard. I immediately open the door and hug Mason. "What are you doing here you guys," I said looking at Sky and Mason. "Well we have a late birthday surprise for you that your dad helped us get," Sky said handing me a envelope. I open the envelope and inside was a letter. It said," Happy birthday baby girl." I looked in the envelope and inside were tickets. I grab the tickets and the say 5 seconds of summer. "Ahhhh," I scream happily. "You got me 5sos tickets," I said. "Keep reading," she said. I read the ticket and they said VIP backstage passes. "Thank you so much," I said hugging them. Daddy come down from upstairs and smiles when he sees that I got the tickets. I run and give him a hug. "Thank you daddy," I said. "Your welcome," he said. The concert was at 6 so we had a lot of time until then. We eat eggs and bacon for breakfast and then me and Mason went to go watch tv. He put on disney channel and we started watching The little mermaid. I put my head in his lap with my legs hanging off the end of the couch and watched the movie. After a few minutes Mason started playing with my hair. His touch made me blush and i giggled. "What's so funny Kat," he asked. "Nothing," I said giggling. "Really," he said. I nodded trying to contain my laughter. "I'll give you something to laugh about," he said getting over me and tickling me. I started laughing really hard. "M-Mason s-s-stop it t-that t-tickles," I said. "Say Mason is the most amazing person in the world," he said. "N-no," I said giggling. He kept tickling me until I gave up. "Ok M-Mason is t-he m-m-most a-amazing p-person in the w-world," I said. He stopped and I was out of breath. He was still over me so I kissed his cheek and went back to watching the movie like nothing happened. He blushed. After the movie I had to go and change for the concert. I go upstairs and there is a box on my bed. I open it and there's an outfit inside. I guess this is for the concert. (at the top) I put it on and Sky does my hair. We go down stairs and I see Mason and Daddy waiting at the door. "Come on time to go," he said. He grabs Sky's hand and they walk together. Mason follows my daddy's example and grabs my hand. I blush a light pink. We go to the car and daddy starts driving. Its a one hour drive so we listened to music and talked. Daddy told me that they had a cheer team here and that tryouts were on Friday and he said that I could go. I can't wait. I looked at Mason and noticed something I never noticed before. There was a scar running down from his shoulder and the rest was covered by his shirt. "Mason," I said. "Yeah," he replied. "What this," I said touching the scar. "Its nothing," he said. "Mason you can tell me," I said. "Kat just leave it alone," he snapped at me. I moved away from him with tears in my eyes. Mason has never gotten mad at me. I looked out the window with the tears falling down my cheek. I felt a hand grab my hand. "Kat I'm sorry I snapped at you I just don't like talking about it ok I promise it nothing," he said wiping my tears away. "I'll tell you some other time right now you should be happy," he said. He kissed my cheek and I smiled. "There you go that's the smile I love to see," he said. He held my hand the rest of the way. When we got there there were a lot of girls there. Mason still held my hand while we were there. A lot of girls started coming towards us and I felt Mason's hand slip out of mine. I looked up and couldn't see Sky or Daddy nor Mason. "Daddy," I screamed. "Mason," I yelled. I started to cry. A bunch of girls were surrounding me and I could see. "Daddy," I yelled. I ran around the girls trying to find them. "Hey sweetie are you lost," I heard a voice say behind me. I turn around and see Luke Hemmings. "Yes I can't find me daddy," I said. I didn't care if it was Luke I just wanted to go back to my Daddy. "What's your daddy's name," he asked. "Cameron Dallas," I said. "Your Kat right," he said. "Yeah," I said. "Cameron's called me telling me he was looking for you come on let's go take you back to him," he said. "You know my Daddy," I asked. "Yeah we met along time ago when we were kids in school," he said. Just then Daddy, Mason, and Sky came into view. "Daddy," I yelled running to him. "Kat," he said picking me. "Where were you," he asked. " I don't know I was with Mason and then some girls started running towards us and they surrounded us and my hand left masons and I started to run around looking for you guys and then Luke found me," I said. "I'm just glad your ok," he said. He put me down but I was again pulled into a hug by Mason. "Never I mean never scare my like that again Kat. When your hand left mine I tried looking for you but I couldn't," he said. "Mason I'm fine see I'm right here," I said. He let go and grabbed my hand. "Do you guys want to go backstage before the concert," Luke asked. "Yeah I haven't seen the guys in ages its nice to see you," Daddy said. We followed Luke to some room and inside I saw Calum, Ashton, and Michael. Daddy and the guys did some sort of a bro hug thing and then started talking. I sat down next to Calum and Mason sat next to me. He hadn't let go since they found me. "What's your name cutie," Calum said. "I'm Katherine but my friends call me Kat," I said. "Who's this," he said pointing to Mason. "Oh this is Mason my friend," I said. "Its nice to meet you guys," he said. We nodded and smiled. After 30 minutes they had to go preform and I was really excited. We had front row seats. I knew most of their songs and loved singing along. The sang She looks so perfect, Don't stop, and American idiot. "We have someone special that we want to come on stage tonight," Luke said. "Her name is Kat," Calum said. Luke came over to my side and picked me up over the fence. "What are they doing?" I thought to myself. "Everyone this Kat Cameron Dallas's daughter," Ashton said. Everyone screamed. "Say Hi Kat," Michael said. "Hi Kat," the audience yelled. Luke gave me the microphone. "Hi," I said quietly. "So Kat you dad says you like our songs is that right," Calum asked. "Yes," I said. "Ok what's your favorite song," Ashton asked me. "Amnesia," I said. "Do you know the lyrics," Luke asked me. "Yes," I said. "Ok well then your going to sing with us," he said. "Ok," I said. They started to play it. " I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted I thought about our last kiss, how it felt, the way you tasted And even though your friends tell me you're doing fine Are you somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside you?
When he says those words that hurt you, do you read the ones I wrote you? Sometimes I start to wonder, was it just a lie?
If what we had was real, how could you be fine? 'Cause I'm not fine at all," Calum sang. "I remember the day you told me you were leaving I remember the make-up running down your face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them Like every single wish we ever made I wish that I could wake up with amnesia And forget about the stupid little things Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you And the memories I never can escape 'Cause I'm not fine at all," Luke sang. "The pictures that you sent me they're still living in my phone
I'll admit I like to see them, I'll admit I feel alone And all my friends keep asking why I'm not around It hurts to know you're happy, yeah, it hurts that you've moved on It's hard to hear your name when I haven't seen you in so long It's like we never happened, was it just a lie? If what we had was real, how could you be fine? 'Cause I'm not fine at all," I sang. "I remember the day you told me you were leaving I remember the make-up running down your face And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them Like every single wish we ever made I wish that I could wake up with amnesia And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you And the memories I never can escape If today I woke up with you right beside me
Like all of this was just some twisted dream I'd hold you closer than I ever did before And you'd never slip away And you'd never hear me say," I sang. "I remember the day you told me you were leaving I remember the make-up running down your face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them Like every single wish we ever made I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you And the memories I never can escape 'Cause I'm not fine at all No, I'm really not fine at all Tell me this is just a dream 'Cause I'm really not fine at all," Calum sang finishing the song. Everyone yelled and screamed. "Give Kat around of applause you did great what an amazing voice you have," Calum said. "Thank you," I said. They gave me back to Daddy and they finished the concert. We went backstage again and we all talked and took pictures. It was really fun. On the drive home I fell asleep. I was half awake when we got home. I felt someone pick me up and go up the stairs. I was placed on the bed and as soon as I hit the pillow I was lights out.