Chapter 6

This is Kat's cheer outfit but without the bag or the phone. In the video pretend all of those girls are a bit younger and
Kat's POV
Today I have cheer tryouts. I've been practicing all week and stretching too. Daddy bought me some bows and some clothes to practice with. He also bought me some cheer shoes. Sky came over with Mason so she could do my hair and choose my outfit. Tryouts are at 12:00 and its 9:35. Mason also decided to tryout. He said he wanted to be with me. I thought it was cute he wanted to be with me. We stretched and practiced after eating breakfast. We were outside on the trampoline practicing our skills. I only have a front tuck, back tuck, standing back handspring, and round off backhand spring. Mason has them as well but he also has a half and almost has a full. He also has his whip. "Mason are you sure you want to tryout, don't you have football and soccer, I mean I'm ok if you don't," I said. "As long as I'm with you I'm ok doing anything plus I think it will be pretty fun, we can be the dynamic duo," he said. I giggled and went back to practicing. Its was time to go so we went to get off. Mason got off but when I went to get off my foot go stuck in a hole and I fell off. I closed my eyes and waited for impact but, it never came. I opened my eyes and saw Mason's blue eyes. He kept me from hitting the floor. "Thanks for not letting me fall," I said and kissed his cheek. "I wouldn't think of it," he said blushing. We walk to Daddy and Sky and they are kissing. "Um Daddy," I said. He looks away from Sky and at us. "Oh hey kids," he said. He looked pretty embarrassed so did Sky. "Ok let's get going," he said.
(SKIP CAR RIDE CAUSE IM LAZY)
We get to a gym with big letters that spell out "Cheer Athletics," in the front. We get out of the car and I grab Mason's hand. I give him a small smile and he returns the favor. We walk in the gym and enter a big lobby. Daddy goes to the front desk and me and Mason sit down. "Mason do you think I'll do ok," I asked. "You will do amazing Kat I know you will," Mason said. After a few minutes Daddy and Sky walk over to us. "Ok guys here are your numbers put them on and go inside through that door and they will receive you, me and Sky will be waiting for you guys, good luck," Daddy said. He gave us a paper with numbers on them and we attached the paper to our shorts. I take off my sweater and give it to Sky. We walk through the door and see a lot of people.We are in a smaller type of lobby. "Mason I'm scared what if I forget something and I mess up," I said. "You will do fine," he said. I take a deep breath and nod. We walk over to a group of girls stretching. "Um hi I'm Kat are you here for tryouts," I asked. "Yeah I'm Nila, that's Natalie, and that's Angel," Nila said. "Hi I'm Mason," Mason said. They smiled and waved. They looked at him a little to much. It was getting annoying. I squeezed Masons hand a bit to hard and he winced. "Sorry," I whispered in his ear and kissed his cheek. "It's fine," he said. "So how old are you guys We are both 7," I said. "I'm 7, Natalie is 6, and Angel is 7," Nila said. I was about to go speak when a voice interrupted me. "Hey Nila coach J-," the boy stopped. "Hello gorgeous," the boy said looking at me. "Um hi," I said. Mason wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to his chest. He looked a bit angry. "what's your name," the boy said. "I'm Kat," I said. "I'm Cody it's nice to meet you," Cody said. "Me too," I lied. I don't like him. Mason looked so angry. I hugged him and whispered in his ear," Calm down Mason I'm right here I don't like him." He slowly calmed down and went back to holding my hand. Cody soon left and we went back to stretching and talking. "Mason what happened when Cody was here," I asked him. "I got jealous," he said. "Why," I asked. "Cause I like you," he said lowly. "I like you too," I said. "Really," he said happily. "Yeah," I said. He gave me a big hug and kissed my cheek.
The girls giggled when he did and I blushed. They called us into the gym told us that we were going to tumble across the floor. I was first to go. I took a deep breath and ran across the floor and did a round off back handspring three time and a back tuck. Some older girls went and then it was Mason's turn. I ran and did a round off, whip, back handspring, back handspring, full. "Mason you got your full that's amazing," I said hugging him. "Thanks Kat," he said. After that we learned a dance and preformed it. We did jumps and standing tumbling and we were done. They said they would give us the results in two weeks. We went into the lobby to find Daddy and Sky. We went to them and they gave us our water. I drank all of it immediately so did Mason. When we got home I laid on my bed exhausted. I felt the bed dip next to me and my head being picked up and placed on something. I looked up and saw Mason laying next to me. "You did great Kat," he said tiredly. "Thanks you did great to you got you full," I said. "Yeah," he said more like a whisper. His head would sway from side to side slowly once in a while, while he tried to keep his eyes open. I sat up and put Mason's head on my lap. I played with his hair and sang a lullaby so he can sleep. I put his head on a pillow and cuddled into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and I soon fell asleep.