Becoming, Part 1

(S2 E21)

(Go to bottom for outfit.)

It had been only a couple of days since Fiona had come back and luckily she hadn't seen Angelus along with everyone else and the fact that he hadn't made himself own was clearly aggravating Buffy

But that was all going to change today because it was her first day back at school Willow had done all her homework for her so she wasn't behind.

She walked into the school cafeteria wearing an outfit Cordelia had picked out for her the night before.

She was feeling okay for the most part and her ear had grown back so that was good.

Today will be a good day. She kept repeating to herself in her head until she could make herself believe it.

Fiona giggled when she saw Xander stabbing his fish sticks with a toothpick showing everyone how Buffy killed a vampire the night before.

"What did they ever do to you?" Fiona asked with her usual soft smile as she sat down.

Everyone turned to her giving her a smile she could tell that they were nervous not knowing what might set her off.

"Guys I'm fine you don't need to be so nervous." She told them seriously.

"Are you sure because you were just torture by one of your only friends for like three days." Cordelia said stating the obvious like always making everyone give her 'what the fuck?' looks as she sat there oblivious.

Flashes of what happened to her went through her mind but she tried to not let it show.

"Yes...I'm sure I'm fine, promise." Fiona told Cordelia.

"That's exactly how it happened." Buffy said as she nodded at Xander referring to hell he was re-creating what had happened last night?

"Well, I thought it was riveting. Uh, I was a little unclear about some of the themes." Oz said, making Fiona chuckle a little as she tried not to let any of the strawberry milk she was drinking fall out of her mouth.

No one wants to see that happen, again.

"The theme is Angel's to much of a coward to take me on face to face." Buffy said as she looked from Oz to Xander.

"And the other theme was 'buy American,' but it, uh, got kind of buried." Xander said jokingly as he dropped the fish sticks.

"Do you think you're ready to fight Angel?" Willow asked from where she sat on Oz's lap.

"I wish people would stop asking me that. Yes, I'm ready. I'm also willing and able. Just the one test I might actually pass." Buffy told Willow.

Fiona bit her lip a little wishing in her head she was as brave as Buffy.