Chapter 7 - Forest

— Ayra —

We passed by a city, but not within it; we were in the forest beside it. It seems like the world has changed a lot since the last time I left, not that I remember much from when I was free. I was just a child.

We were a large group—really large. We wouldn't go unnoticed if we passed through the city. From what I understood from what Eyder was telling me along the way, people like us are now hunted. He hadn't told me the reason for that yet, but I needed to understand everything. It was hard to comprehend everything I was feeling. Most of the things I felt in that place were anger, hatred, pain, and loneliness. I think I felt loneliness, but I'm not sure.

Eyder seems like a good person. He's been telling me about the world—things I didn't know because I was imprisoned for so long. Because of the government, or something like that, they created that place where I was held, called the dome. And for the past 5 years or more, the government has started capturing everyone with special abilities.

But how was a large group like us passing unnoticed while walking through the forest? At the beginning of our journey, Eyder wondered the same thing, and I overheard him saying softly:

"How are we going to get so many people there without anyone seeing us? Even in the forest, it won't be easy."

"It would be interesting if we could camouflage ourselves, wouldn't it?" I commented.

"Even better if it were like a thick mist covering us, like a blanket."

I looked at him and gave a slight smile.

"Do you have an idea?" he asked.

"Yes," I said. I looked up and focused.

Then I felt that I had managed to create a layer, like a protective barrier, and as long as we stayed under the cover I created, we could stay safe. I looked at him and said:

"Now we're safe."

"What do you mean?"

"I created a barrier; it will be with us most of the time."

"You're incredible." He blushed and looked down, as if he wanted to hide his expression. I smiled.

"But what now?"

"I'll go to the city, pick up some things, check the situation, and I'll be back soon."

"I'll go with you."

"No, you won't. I want to be quick, not draw attention, and you..."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I what?" I asked sharply. I'm stronger than anyone there.

"You don't know the city."

"Will I be a hindrance?"

"Yes, and besides, you're the strongest among all of us here. You need to stay here to protect them."

"Why do I feel like there's more to it?"

"Well... you are... well... you don't have a common appearance."

"I know... I'm a monster," I whispered. He had hit a nerve with these last two words.

"You are beautiful," he said, covering his mouth as he spoke. He could have said something to make me feel less bad, but at least that made me feel a bit better.

"I'll be going now. Take care of them, please?"

"As if you needed to ask."

"You're right," he said with a lovely smile. And he left.

White Eyesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें