Chapter 31 - Comeback

— Eyder —

Finally it was time to go, I was somewhat anxious to start the return trip, I was curious to know what Ayra was up to, even though I had a good idea of what it could be. And I wanted to know if she had advanced anything else, she was strong and I was sure that one day I would come to a conclusion.

I looked at the clock, it beat exactly the time I thought was ideal and said to them:

"It's time, are you ready?"

They went to check out a few more things and in 5 minutes we were all ready at the door to go on our journey to the island.

Because I needed to be careful, I was more careful than usual, I decided not to act exactly like a protector always does, I decided to act differently. I tried to look more like what they wanted, what the government believed people with special abilities should be associated with the government.

My bad feeling hadn't gone away yet, it was better to take all precautions just in case, You never know. And my sense of uneasiness didn't go away.

"Let's go," I called to them, and we began our clandestine journey to the island. They followed me without complaint, which surprised me, and I don't know if it was in a good way.

Without Ayra's barrier, I had to go back to normal mode, but I decided to go through the city, even though I knew the risk. I was basically following my intuition; it wasn't the best idea, but I kept going anyway. However, we couldn't help but camp in the woods since we had left the city. The woman asked, surprised:

"Do you usually go on foot? And camping?"

"No, we're only doing this because they sent someone who's being sought, and it's not a good idea to play with luck, in my case. I've been in the dome, and I don't wish that on anyone; I didn't want to do that for a short time."

"Why did you stay for such a short time?" asked the boy.

"Because as soon as I arrived, a girl who was well locked up and didn't keep the rest planned something for us to run away and called all of us to go with her." I remember everyone getting up and following her immediately; after all, she gave us the chance that no one expected to have; she gave us the chance to run away.

"You speak of her with a twinkle in your eye," said the little boy with a smile. Even he could tell how much I liked her.

"He's right, you talk about her with happiness; you seem to like her more than just a friend," the woman said.

"I gave myself away." I laughed as if nervous, but I was only a little embarrassed. How many people knew I liked her if it was that obvious?

"So you really like her?" asked the boy with bright eyes.

"Pretty obvious, isn't it, kid?" said the man.

"I like her," I replied anyway, smiling at him. That's when I realized that I wasn't ashamed of my feelings, like that's something to be ashamed of.

"And you're dating?" asked the boy even more excitedly.

"Not yet; I haven't asked yet," I replied.

"You didn't have the courage, did you, boy?" The man said it to me now.

"That's not it; the day I declared myself, they sent me on the mission, and basically I was forced to come right away; I'm not normally the type to deal with families," I said, though I didn't know if I should have given that information.

"Is she going to expel you as soon as you declare yourself? Is she the 'daughter of someone important'?" The woman asked, and I thought, 'Not my daughter, but the director's sister, only the person who has the most authority on the island'.