Chapter 34 - Feelings

— Eyder —

I spent the whole time with her, helped her turn back the window so she could see the sky, and we stood there together.

"Did you know that you are the first person in the world who can make me think that family can be a good thing?" I said as we looked up at the sky together.

"I hated that word," she said, surprising me.

"Me too."

"But I don't hate it anymore; after all, Reid is my family, and he's the best big brother I could ask for." And I see friends as part of my family now.

"I see, I only started liking that word after I met you."

"Because there are two of us, I like you, Eyder, and you've shown me that I have a family that cares about me, and I see you as part of it."

"I also see you as part of mine."

She smiled.

"I need to get out of this bed," she said.

"Where do you want to go?"

"The beach."

***

We walked to the beach. I would never stop her from going to the beach.

"Do you like the sea?" I asked.

"I like it."

"Do you want to get in the water?" It's hot today; we can come in.

"I would like to, but not today; I just want to stay here and look at this beautiful view."

"Sit down."

"No, let's walk along the beach."

"Okay, then, let's go."

I offered my hand to her without thinking, and she took it. I was happy; she had taken my hand. We walked on the beach for a while, observing everything. Her hair fluttered with the breeze that came from the sea; it was beautiful. I never understood how people could find her ugly; she was the embodiment of the word beautiful. There was no one more beautiful than her. And I knew she thought she was a monster.

I stood a little behind her, watching her; she was the most beautiful person I had ever seen in my life, and if she wanted to see beautiful landscapes, just by looking at her, I already had this beautiful landscape.

"Look, it's a shell!" She exclaimed, letting go of my hand to get the shell.

"Let me see," I said, getting close to her.

She took the shell and showed it to me; it was one of those very beautiful, intact ones. Then I saw another one there on the ground and picked it up.

"Now we have a pair," I said.

She smiled without looking at me, just looking at the shells, but when she looked, she looked deep into my soul. I lost myself in her eyes, which looked like the most beautiful diamonds. I could live my whole life looking into those eyes, and I wouldn't get tired; I could spend eternity looking at them. I got lost in his gaze and didn't come back.

After a brief second, I realized that I had moved closer to her, getting so close that I was pulling her by the waist. And then something happened: the distance was gone, her eyes were gone, and I just had sensations; I felt my lips touch hers. And it was the best feeling I've ever had in my entire life to date.

We finally kissed.

— Ayra —

I felt the distance disappear; I felt my eyes close, but I had no fear or hesitation; and then I felt his lips on mine, and I liked it. I wish I had done it a long time ago. And everything was perfect, even the scenery. And I wanted it to be eternal—my first kiss with someone I really liked, maybe even more than just that.