grounding your daughter (requested)

"Come back here, young lady. We are not done talking about this!" You shouted as you walked inside the house.

Your' and Jenna's fifteen-year-old daughter was already storming up the stairs but sensing the anger in your voice, she turned around because she knew that if she didn't, she'd get into even more trouble.

"What's going on in here?" Jenna asked as she exited the kitchen, looking between you and your daughter in confusion.

"Someone got suspended!"

"What?" Jenna gasped as she looked at your daughter. "Why? What happened?"

"Oh, apparently she's been skipping classes and when she does show up, she has a bad attitude and never does her work. She mouths off to her teachers and refuses to work on her schooling. So the principal and her teachers had enough and decided to suspend her!"

"Why would you ever do stuff like that? You want to ruin your future or something?" Jenna asked your daughter.

"I don't know." She quietly said. "I just want to go to my room. Just ground me, okay?"

"Oh, you're definitely grounded!" Jenna said. "But, first, we're gonna talk. You're skipping classes and behaving like that? What's gotten into you?"

"I don't know!"

"You do! You're not stupid. You're a very smart girl. So talk." Jenna said as she folded her arms over her chest.

"I just don't like school. People there bully me a lot! I don't fit in and everyone hates me so I just don't show up much anymore. That way I don't have to go through any of it."

You and Jenna exchanged looks of sadness before looking back at her.

"I'm sorry you're being bullied, baby. I've been there. I know it's awful." You said. "But that's not an excuse to act out and if it's that bad, we can do something about it instead of making you skip classes and getting punished. You're ruining your future, which is so bright because you are so intelligent."

"I know." She mumbled quietly.

"Okay, how about this? Tomorrow, we go back to your school and talk to your principal and your teachers and we'll sort this out so you won't be so miserable at school. Whenever they let you return, that is." Jenna suggested.

"Okay."

"And next time you have problems, tell us so we can help. Don't do stupid stuff like this. You are so smart, honey. Don't throw your future away, okay? Please." You pleaded.

"Okay, I promise I'll do better." She said before sighing and coming down the steps to hug you and Jenna. "Am I still grounded?"

"Yes. Because what you did was wrong, regardless of why you did it. One week, okay?" Jenna said.

Your daughter seemed unhappy but understanding.

"Okay. I get it. I'm sorry. I'll do better from now on, I swear."

"We believe you, honey." You said as you rubbed her back. "Go up to your room. Maybe you can start on some of that work your teachers gave you and you can catch up. Hopefully, we can get this all sorted out and you can go back to your classes in no time."

She nodded before going up to her room.

You and Jenna looked at each other, hugging each other tightly.

"I hate grounding her." You sighed.

"I know. I don't like it either but we have to. She has to learn, right?"

You nodded.

"She'll be okay. She knows things will get better and she knows why we're doing it. The week will go by quickly."

"I hope you're right." You said as you laid your head on her shoulder, hoping that you and Jenna could make everything better for your sweet daughter as soon as possible.