Chapter 24

Adam and Evan came back to their room with puffy eyes, holding hands. They had calmed down after a few minutes of bawling like children and were now ready to embark on an adventure.

They took a shower together, slowly caressing the other's skin, coating it in soap, before rinsing it. There was nothing sexual in their acts, only love and care. Evan then dressed in a white blouse with puffy sleeves' ends, covered with a brown leather sleeveless jacket tightly tied under his chest. He put on dark brown pants and paired them with knee-high boots. He messily tied up his long hairs into a low-bun.

Adam only put on a black baggy shirt that reached his mid-tights and showcased his collarbone covered in hickies. A belt was attached around his waist to keep the fabric from hindering his moves, and brown leather pants finished the lazy look. Adam put on worn-out shoes with flappy high ends, the laces were frayed and couldn't keep the boots closed, but it was comfortable for the warrior. His feet felt more free and it was easier to move fast and doge because of the flat used sole.

Adam threw his spear's strap around his torso and also hid a small dagger in his left boot, it could come in handy. Evan finished a little after Adam because of the laces he had to tie in the middle of his jacket, and they then headed out.

The walk to the guild quarters was peaceful. They walked unhurried, stopping on their way to buy breakfast. Adam had started checking their depenses a few days ago, worried that his small fortune would burn out too fast, so now they only bought the necessaries. They still had to keep enough gold coins to travel to another city before they could make more money.

The adventurers were too busy chatting loudly and toasting with washed-out beer to notice them entering, the couple even had to dodge a few times to keep from bumping into bodies thrown around. The atmosphere was energetic, to say the least. It seemed like a good expedition with benefits and no casualties had just taken place. When bad news was frequent, the guild was less active and more depressive, fights were also more prone to break out.

Adam and Evan had to wait in line, which gave them plenty of time to look around. It was both their first times into a guild quarters, so it was in their instincts to seek out the nearest exit, along with the possible threats. Adam noted the task-board a little further away, just enough so that he couldn't discern what was written on the pined papers. However, the big board was covered in them, from top to bottom, so it wouldn't be hard to find a job. He just hoped there would be opportunities in other cities.

Their turn finally arrived and the lady behind the counter welcomed them, asking what they were here for. She was pretty, and they had heard a few men and some women before them trying to hit on her, but she didn't let them do as they pleased. She had quite the bosom, not that either cared, but it could explain the lustful gazes coming from around them. They, however, noted the stubborn and strong attitude she had displayed, it was a good trait to have when dealing with adventurers, and one of the reasons why she must have been hired.

"We would like to register as adventurers." Adam said, implying at the same time that they weren't already registered in another city's guild. Some people wanted to change their city of registration for legal reasons, as you had to pay a certain amount of taxes to the city, which would change depending on where you register, and it was also bothering for some as you had to show up at the guild where you registered at least once every six months. It was a way to prove that you were still alive or that you weren't being impersonated. Only the guild in the city you first went to would have a portrayal of you drawn, and only by changing the city where you are registered would then make them take the measures to send your portrayal to verify your identity.

"Awesome! It is 2 gold coins per person, and one silver per slave. Please fill out those tablets." The woman with pointy ears and silver hair said as she handed them a sheet each. It contained basic information like their name, their class and things like that. It also was covered in magic ink, making it so that everyone could understand what was written, even illiterate. The pen given was also magic so that their strong thoughts would automatically be written with a little magic input. Adam saw from the corner of his eyes that Evan was going to mark the slave status in his form, so he quickly made a cross in the adventurer section before he could do so.

The giant looked at him with confused eyes.

"I already told you, I'm going to get rid of your slave status. We already got the powder, and we only need to find some time to apply it on your tattoo. I want to be comrades with you, not in a slave and master relationship." Adam explained under his slave's doubtful eyes. He could see that his answer irked the taller man, but he couldn't understand why. Evan debated for a few seconds before opening his mouth.

"I will allow it because I trust you, but I want to continue calling you master. I like it." The giant nearly made Adam choke on his spit as the words entered his ears. He couldn't believe it. The slave had even said the last sentence with a suggestive tone that made shivers crawl up the warrior's spine.

Just what the fuck was going on his Evan's mind!?

Adam shook his head and mumbled a whatever, making Evan perked up with a happy face. He didn't have the energy to argue with the man. If he wanted to call him master, so be it, but at least, in legal papers, they would be equal. He would try to change the man's perverse tendencies later on.

Adam and Evan gave back the papers when they were done filling them, and the elf took them back with a gentle smile. The warrior also put down two gold coins, and the lady's smile widened even more. It looked like she was of the same type as Abigail.

"Here are your cards, please don't lose them! As you are beginners, you will start at F rank and go up with the experience points received with each task completed with success. You can only take a task one rank higher than yours, and the experience points accumulated depend on the kind of task and the rank. You will also receive rewards from the task, they are listed on the task's description that can be found on the board just over there. The one that issued the task can give bigger rewards than the ones written, but not smaller ones. The process for getting a task is simple, you take the paper, bring it here, I approve it, and then you go complete the task. When it's done, you come back here and show the proof asked in the description, you will then get your reward. Is it clear?" The silver-haired lady said, handing them two black cards with their names and ranks written on it. They both took their respective one. It bothered Adam that he didn't know the receptionist's name, as she seemed like a nice person, but she didn't have a badge and hadn't given them the information. He could have asked, however, he felt that his bear would get jealous, so he refrained from doing so.

Adam looked at Evan to see if he had a question, but the giant only glanced at him before subtly shaking his head. The warrior turned back toward the receptionist, told her that it was clear and thanked her for her time.

"Alright! Take care. Oh, and my name's Sylvie." The elf, Sylvie, whispered the last sentence. Adam guessed that she was afraid that the men and women lusting after her body would bother her if they knew her name. He could understand her, having a stranger that had bad intentions calling you by your name must be awful. She must have judged that the couple was harmless and decided to tell them. Adam's neck covered in hickies must have helped her make this judgment.

Adam gave back her words and left with Evan in tow, heading toward the board.

It was time to pick their first task.

Hey dear readers, they registered!

Was everything clear? I tried to put as much information as needed, but without being too confusing. Hope it helped you understand!

Don't forget to:

Like!

Comment!

And subscribe!

See ya next update :)

(1 470 words)