The Truth ?

(A/N Replace Jaune with his new appearance)

"Jaune we need to talk" Pyrrha said as she stood watching me step out into the night air. She had brought her weapons and i wasn't sure exactly what she had in mind but i didn't really care at the moment. "About what ?" i asked her as she stayed a decent distance away from me while watching my every move as i strolled around gazing up at the stars.

"Who are you really ?" Well that threw me for a loop as i was Jaune i hadn't lied about my name but she was clearly suspicious of something "What's this about Pyrrha ? Have i given you a reason to not trust me ?" She gave me a look of shame for a moment but hardened her gaze and replied "No but you have some unusual abilities, You don't seem to use dust but you can apply effect's to your weapons, Move things with your mind and that weapon of yours allows you to teleport. These things shouldn't be possible, Even a semblance only gives you one ability but you have too many to ignore, Not to mention how you managed to refill your Aura. I need to know the truth about this".

So she'd been keeping track of my powers and now she wanted answers. I let out a heavy sigh, I didn't want to tell her about my abilities especially not my immortality or the power to consume souls as that would probably horrify her as the soul was an important thing here as people used their soul to defend themselves . It would make me all but invincible in a fight with any single person and probably be seen as unnatural, And to be fair it was but i didn't feel like having everyone against me as fear can do unpleasant things to a mind.

"I used to be weak you know, And where i grew up that was unforgiveable" I told her deciding to give her some of the truth. "My 'Father' had expectations from his children, And as i was the only boy in the bunch i was pushed to my breaking point over and over again all to please 'that man'" I told her while remembering that bastard and how he cast me out. "I was never good enough for my 'Father', I did everything he told me to do but when i couldn't discover my Semblance he decided that i was useless and threw me out without a care". I watched as Pyrrhas eye's went from a look of suspicion to pity as i laid it out for her "I was alone in the world, That's when i realised that no-one was going to help me so i had to help myself".

Pyrrha was quiet for a moment as she looked down to the floor either from pity or something else i didn't know but i didn't have to wait long before she asked me  again. "Who are you really then" I just thought 'What the hell' "My birth name is Jaune Arc, But i only go by my first name now as i cast off anything to do with the bastard that cast me aside like i was trash !" I replied, My voice filled with venom at the mention of the bastards family name.

"Listen Pyrrha i'm not going to tell you my secrets as they are mine to know, But i am your friend or i thought we were friends at least" She looked ashamed when i brought that up, I didn't want to manipulate her like this but the truth was too dangerous for anyone to know. "If you think that i'm not trustworthy then i can request that Professor Ozpin put you on another team, But i'd be happy if you stayed and continued being my partner and teammate".

I just left the roof after that as it was the best i could come up with at the time but little did i know that there was someone listening nearby.

(Timeskip) 

A few days have gone by and Pyrrha decided to stay as when she got back to the room she smiled and nodded at me. Anyway we were getting a history lesson from Doctor Oobleck when he asked what advantage the Faunus had over their human enemies in their last war, As i saw the Doctor looking in my direction. "Mr Jaune ?" I just looked at him "Eh what's up Doc ?" i said repeating the old pumpkin Pete catch phrase. "Very funny Mr Jaune but please if you would enlighten us".

 "Nightvision, The faunus could see in the dark where as Humans can't so they'd naturally have an advantage at night". The Doctor rushed over and said i was correct. "Yes, Yes Mr Jaune is right. I'm happy that you've been reading the correct books !" I was confused so i told him "Actually Doc" He turned and looked at me then sped over "Yes Mr Jaune ?" I didn't know exactly how to approach the subject  tactfully so i decided that honesty was the best policy "Actually i was with this Faunus girl once and even though it was completely dark the way she used her mouth, Well she'd have to be able to see in the dark to be that good" I stated as i looked over and spotted Blake scowling at me, I didn't see why she was mad after all i never said it was her.