Sei

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Rosetta strained against the weight of her bag, battling it with each step as she dragged the cumbersome load towards the waiting car. The sun had only risen, but beads of sweat formed upon her brow, glistening like the sun-kissed dewdrops on a morning petal.

Just as frustration began to nibble at the edges of her spirit, Ollie swooped in, his smirk on full display.

With a mischievous twinkle in his eye, he snatched the bag from her weary grasp in a mockery of the burden she had carried. His strength effortlessly carried the weight as if he were a summer breeze lifting a fallen leaf that he then gracefully laid in the boot of her car.

Rosetta's brows knitted together in a subtle frown as Ollie gazed at her over his shoulder, casting a wink in her direction. A faint huff escaped her lips as she silently protested his jesting.

Yet, beneath her furrowed brow, her eyes glimmered with a flicker of amusement. The tug of irritation and the pull of giddiness intermingled within her, creating a whirlwind of emotions that swirled and danced within her silhouette.

"I would've gotten that," she claimed.

"I know."

His smile, though teasing, held no trace of derision. His lips were filled with affection as they curved upwards, and a sparkle of warmth danced in the brown of his eyes as if to reassure her that his intentions were not to belittle, but rather a sincere offering of assistance.

Rosetta caught herself licking her bottom lip unconsciously—Ollie's lips looked so soft.

And they were.

Tender and uncertain, yet eager and filled with purpose at the same time.

The memories were vivid, playing in her head; the way he kept pulling her in for more, chasing her lips and capturing them with his own. Though her mind was clouded by alcohol, she remembered how each time their mouths met, a wave of tingles washed over her. The lingering images from that night alone were enough to send a flurry of butterflies dancing in her stomach.

And she was about to spend her next couple of weeks with this very man.

"Can I drive?" Ollie's curious tone pierced through the air, pulling her back to reality.

A flush of warmth painted Rosetta's cheeks in hues of bashful rose petals as Ollie's eyes caught hers in a momentary gaze. The soft flutter of her eyelashes betrayed her as she sought refuge in their sheltering shield against his penetrating stare while the gentle sway of her untamed hair offered an extra curtain of protection.

Yet, amidst her own embarrassment, Rosetta couldn't help but acknowledge Ollie's tendency to return her stare, even blatantly so. Her keen eyes had caught him stealing glances countless times, his adoring gaze tracing the contours of her form with brazen intensity.