Otto

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

The intense warmth of the midday sun caressed Rosetta's face, lulling her into a blissful daze away from her slumber as a soft nudge against her side disrupted the tranquillity of her dreams. With a calm sigh, she opened her eyes to discover Ollie's face nuzzling against the curve of her side, seeking solace in their shared warmth.

A wistful smile graced Rosetta's lips as she reminisced about the unexpected turn of events that led Ollie into her bed.

Exhausted from the arduous nine-hour drive from Sorrento—despite them having taken turns napping throughout—their weary souls stumbled into the grandeur of the house under the warmth of the breaking dawn. The guest room stood far away at the opposite end of the house, a distant retreat from Rosetta's bedroom.

She remembered how he tenderly cradled her fears, his touch comforting and his eyes ablaze with understanding when she opened up about her actual fear of being lonely and abandoned. And while she hadn't intended to impose, planning to fill the void with the company of a mindless film, Ollie's ever-compassionate heart knew no hesitation.

Not only did he accompany her until she fell asleep—as per her pathetic request—but he actually took the liberty of staying with her.

Rosetta buried her hand in his hair, fingers tangling into his dark curls.

"Orsetto," she whispered.

Ollie's tousled hair framed his features, and with each sleepy blink, his eyes fluttered open, revealing their hue of rich, sunlit earth. A tender smile crept onto his lips, tired but soft, being a testament to the night's sweet surrender.

"Hi," he croaked out, his voice painted with a gravelly texture, "how did you sleep?"

"Good," she sighed, "thank you."

"Of course."

Soft chuckles seeped out of his lips and he groaned, stretching his body away from her. His fingers unfurled, reaching towards the ceiling as if grasping the very essence of possibility and a lethargic yawn cascaded through the room, harmonising with the rhythmic cadence of his creaking joints as tendons and ligaments harmoniously synchronised.

"Did you make us plans for today?" Ollie asked with another yawn.

She watched him reach his hand out towards the nightstand, unplugging his phone from its charger.

"For today particularly, no. Although, I usually just improvise as I go," she declared, "Is there something specific in mind that you'd like to do?"

Rosetta regretted asking that question the second Ollie turned his head away from his phone and towards her, his bright amber eyes glistening with mischief while a smug smile bloomed across his face.