Chapter 1 → entrance exam pt 1

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

"alright class, I would be asking you all what highschool you'd all be going to, but I think it is press obvious where you all want to go"

The teacher sighed out with a chuckle as the students cheer out, some clapping, some making rather loud animal noises due to their quirks. Jun seemed rather excited about the whole ordeal as well, although she did not want to make as much noise as the others were, so she sat there quietly and watched every one of her classmates become excited for it.

The classroom slowly quieted down and the teacher began to speak on subjects again, not that there was much to speak about since it was basically the end of the school year. The girl sitting beside Jun gently poked at her arm, even tugging at it slightly to get her attention, before whispering "jun-kuuuun" the girl whined at the end of the whispering "mn, Amayado". Jun tilts her head lightly to the side, looking over at the girl who was tugging at her uniform, her name was Yoshiko Amayado, a friend of Jun's since the beginning of Junior high (middle school in the west), but at the moment she was just tugging on her friends sleeve gently to regain her attention. Jun nervously smiled and pointed to the teacher before sitting back up in her chair, but Yoshiko, being the person she was, kept bugging at her.

The class eventually ended and Yoshiko practically dragged Jun out into the courtyard, smiling towards her and holding onto her wrist "Amayado,, why are you doing all of this?" Jun tilts her head to the side as she watched Yoshiko be her usual self. "I just wanted to talk about highschool is all, aren't you planning to sign up for UA?"

Jun tilts her head, but nods in agreement "great! I finally decided to come with you!" Yoshiko smiled and scratched the back of her head "so you don't gotta be alone in there, y'know?". Jun took a moment to respond, but just continued to nod towards Yoshiko as they began to walk away from the school building "is there a class that you want to get into, Amayado?" Yoshiko nods and walked backwards in front of Jun "well, it's not really anything in particular, but it would be so cool if we both got into the top hero course right??"

"I suppose so,, what if neither of us get in though?" Yoshiko shrugged a bit and giggled "well if we both get into the school then we can still hang out, right?" Jun just simply nodded again without any words spoken, holding onto her school bag tightly and she walked slow behind Yoshiko, making sure she didn't trip or fall on anything.

"anyways, anyways, I'll see you in a couple days at the tryouts then!!" Yoshiko smiled and waved, running over to her house a few blocks away from where they were currently standing. Jun giggled as she waved goodbye to her, turning the other direction to walk herself to her own home.

――

"mother? father?" Jun unlocked and opened the door to her home, looking around for her parents, but they were not there. They must still be at the agency Jun sighed to herself and walked herself to her bedroom and set everything down onto her bed, falling backwards onto the comfortable covers of the bed, running her hands along the textures and fibers. Jun's parents worked under a smaller hero agency in the city, and usually weren't home until dinner time for them, which was at least around 6pm, so of course, hoping they were home wasn't an option for days where they were only there seconds before Jun had to leave for school every morning.