Chapter 5 → the hearth of ice

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

The sudden booming of Almight's voice signaled to everyone that the round had begun, Hagekure and Ojiro already getting ready to stand in defense of the payload.

Jun took a big sigh in as she watched Hagekure take off her gloves for the plan of her ambushing, while Ojiro stood close to the payload, embarrassed but he kept up his defense. Jun got herself up on top of the large payload, awaiting the other team, awaiting some sort of attack from them.

The sudden burst of chills flashed through everyone's senses, every inch of the building being covered in a layer of cold ice, entrapping Hagakure and Ojiro to the floor, along with the payload slowing chilling up. "oh jeez,, I can't seem to get out of the ice- Jun are you stuck too?" Jun shook her head atop the large object and slowly climbed her way down to meet the others in her team. "This is a little chilling huh" Jun nervously slid on the floor, her boots weren't helping her stay in one place, which was making it harder for her to do anything at all.

"what should I do?" Ojiro nervously shrugged to Jun and kept trying to get himself out of the ice, but there was a sudden appearance of Todoroki in the doorway, he had already made his way onto the floor they were on. "I wouldn't suggest trying to break free, you'd rip a layer of skin off in the process and I don't think that would be very helpful in the long run"

Jun stood there, baffled that she wasn't able to do anything to help, her teammates couldn't even do anything either. She eventually slid her way to the payload, spreading her arms our in a protective stance, thinking back to what Almight has criticized the first groups for, playing their role.

"Uh- halt. . hero! Don't come any closer!"

Ojiro gave Jun a quite confused look, and possibly Hagakure as well but it was impossible to actually see if she had reacted or even looked back. "Come on, we've already won, so just give up" Todoroki gave her a deadpan stare, slowly walking up to her, awaiting her next move or actions,, but she didn't do anything. "Does this villain not have any way to protect herself besides her captured friends?" Jun was confused, but then realized, she hadn't used her quirk the entire time. She looked past Todoroki with a huff, noticing that Mezo was right beside him just listening and waiting.

"Well, I think we've won huh"

Jun just stood there, trying to think up of any way that she could possibly connect to any rocks in the area, they were up on the 4th floor of the building after all. She slowly backed herself up as Todoroki got closer to touching the payload, keeping his same deadpan expression the whole time. "I uh- I won't let you get any closer!" she huffed and crossed her arms, trying to seem all high and mighty, trying to pass some time by and waste it.

"Oh please, just give up already"

She shook her head and slowly got herself down to the floor in an orderly manner so she didn't fall over or anything, quickly feeling on the floor that was covered in the ice that Todoroki had placed there beforehand. She took a moment, but was able to find where the concrete of the building was, and quickly raised her hand up high, creating a small wall of crystal from the small minerals used in the building of this building. Both Todoroki and Mezo had to take a step back, the crystals forming not far from her but her far enough away that it was in front of her other teammates.

Jun got herself up, leaning against the payload, her head was already weary from her quirk "are you alright?" Hagakure quietly spoke to her, gaining a thumbs up before she regained her composure.

There was another second before the cold breeze of ice flashed past Jun's cheek. Todoroki had used his ice to break through Jun's crystal's, small pieces shooting back towards Jun and others towards the sides. "Think about your actions before doing them."