Payakan?

Kristy sat next to Neteyam as she, the Sully's and the metkayina kids sat in a circle on a rock, except for Ao'nung who was leaning on a tree next to her.

Lo'ak told them about what happened while he was out there and Kristy was never happier to see lo'ak. He could have died and Kristy was scared of the thought. A tulkun saved him and Lo'ak befriended the animal.

"I wish I'd been there. The ocean has blessed you with a gift, brother." Kiri said as Lo'ak finished his story.

"But the tulkuns haven't arrived yet. And no tulkun is ever alone." Ao'nung said as he looked around the group.

"This one was! He uh- had a missing thin, like a stump on the left side." Lo'ak explained.

Kristy glanced around the group to see Rotxo, Tsireya and Ao'nung exchanging looks. Ao'nung's eyes met hers and they looked at each other before Tsireya spoke to Lo'ak, that was when they turned into the conversation again.

"Payakan."

"what?"

"Payakan?" Kristy asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Payakan." Tsireya confirmed with a nod.

"Who's payakan?" Kiri asked.

"A lone tulkun who went rough. He's alone, outcast." Rotxo explained to them.

"They say he's a killer." Tsireya said worriedly.

"No." Lo'ak denied "You're wrong. He's no killer. He saved my life."

"He has killed na'vi and other tulkun. Not here, but far to the south." Ao'nung said from his leaned position.

"Loak said payakan saved his life." Kristy said and looked at the group, her eyes stopping at Ao'nung "He wouldn't lie."

"I'm not saying he does." Ao'nung told her "But all na'vi know what payakan did."

"Maybe he has changed and now saved lo'ak's life." Kristy shrugged and Ao'nung averted his eyes.

"Lo'ak you could've died." Tsireya said to him and Lo'ak grew agitated "I'm telling you, he saved my life he is no killer!" Lo'ak pleaded for the to believe him.

Neteyam stood up and got behind lo'ak, bending down to put his hands on his younger brothers shoulders "My baby brother, the mighty warrior who faced the killer tulkun and lived to tell about it." Neteyam tried to joke and ease the tension but it didn't help.

Lo'ak stood up abruptly and shook his brothers hands off "No, you're not listening!" He said and walked off.

"No, Lo'ak. I'm listening!" Tuk yelled after him but he ignored it.

They don't believe him. They don't listen. They don't seem to trust his words.
Kristy thought that it's what lo'ak must be thinking right now.

Kristy sighed as she watched Lo'ak's retreating figure.
She slightly jumped when a hand landed on her shoulder. Kristy turned her head to look up at Ao'nung who met her eye for just a second before focusing on the others conversation.

His hand stayed rested on Kristy's shoulder but he acknowledged it like nothing and talked with the others. Kristy furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

Is he trying to comfort me or something?

Kristy thought to herself. She tried to shook the thought off but she couldn't focus on anything else than Ao'nung's hand on her shoulder.
She got a weird feeling. Kristy didn't want him to touch her but somehow she was glad that he does.

AN:

AN:

Short chapter and we're slowly coming to an end!!