Quaritch

"Kristy."

Said girl turned around to look at Ao'nung, seeing him with a troubled expression "What is it?"

"I-" Ao'nung began before gulping his nervousness down and looking her in the eye "I don't know how it happened and I'm not even sure if it is really what I think it is, but I think I like you." Ao'nung said all in one breath and Kristy looked at him with complete surprise.

Kristy knew that what she felt for Ao'nung was complicated but she remembered the tension between them when they were close to each other. She remembered the joy she'd feel when Ao'nung began to care for what she's feeling and the little things he did. Kristy wasn't too sure herself if she fell in love with him but she knew that there was a liking to the metkayina boy and she also knew that she wanted to find out what it was before something happened. So she did what felt right in this moment.
Kristy leaned forward and closer to Ao'nung until her lips met his. The boy was shocked for a second before he closed his eyes and kissed back.

Ao'nungs hand found it's place on Kristy's cheek and her hands were on his chest and neck as they lost themselves in the kiss.

After some seconds they pulled apart, still in reach for the other as they lips hovered over another. The two of them looked at each other, not knowing what to say.

Splashing from beside them was heard then and they jumped apart, looking over to see Rotxo and Kiri coming to the surface. Both looked at the other two who had their cheeks tainted with a small blush but neither of them said anything. It wasn't the right moment for teasing.

"Are you good?" Kiri asked and swam over to Kristy, both girls ingulfing in a hug.

"Yeah, we're good. You?" Kristy asked and Kiri nodded with a hum.

The four teens waited for another few minutes and heard nothing.
They swam out of the plant and Kristy and the metkayina boys followed wherever Kiri was swimming.

They could hear gunshots in the distance but concentrated for now.
They swam along big blue corals and heard a sky person behind them.

Kiri swam slower and connected her queue to one of the corals. They all lit up and Kiri faced the sky person while Ao'nung, Rotxo and Kristy stopped behind Kiri.

Kiri moved her arms and the coral took a hold of the machine the person was in.
The coral crashed them into the wall and Kristy silently cheered for Kiri as she was proud of her.
A sky person got out of the machine but Kiri made the corals grab onto him.

Rotxo and Ao'nung exchanged a confused glance while Kristy just smiled slightly.

Kiri grabbed Kristy's hand and the four teens began swimming again until they surfaced by destroyed machines.

They had almost no time to react as Quarritch on his ikran grabbed a hold of Kiri, who still held Kristy's hand.

"Kiri!" Kristy screamed and the ikran lifted both girls in the air.

"Kristy!"

"Let me go!" Kiri screamed at the man.

"No!" "Kiri!"

Kristy lifted herself further up and let go of Kiris hand as she tried to pry the ikrans claws off. Deep down she knew that she had no chance in doing so but she couldn't let him take Kiri without doing something.

Kristy didn't succeed and the ikran threw the girls on the ship.
Kiri was about to stand up and ran away but the ikran set his giant claw on her back and pushed her to the ground, doing the same with Kristy as both girls yelled out.