Death

Kristy feared that Lo'ak went to payakan after he left the group and she worried a lot. There were so many dangers out there and even tho Kristy believed that payakan is good, there are still other things out there that could hurt or probably kill him.

Kristy paced along the pier and hoped for lo'ak to come back soon. She was about to go after him but she had no idea where he could be and it wouldn't help anyone if she got lost or eaten by some kind of sea monster. So she decided to wait.

"Why are you so nervous?"

Came a voice from behind Kristy and she twirled around to look at her 'newly made friend'. Ao'nung.

"I'm just waiting for lo'ak." Kristy said and turned her back to him again, not wanting to take her eyes off the water in case lo'ak tried to sneak in the village, seen by nobody.

"Ah." Ao'nung nodded confused and walked to stand next to her.

"What is he doing?" Ao'nung asked after a second and looked down at her.

"Probably something stupid, like always." Kristy mumbled to herself but Ao'nung heard her.

"Wait, you don't think he's out there right? I mean, out out there?" Ao'nung asked, trying to get his point across that he meant outside of the reef.

"Maybe."

Ao'nung groaned in annoyance but didn't say anything as he sat himself down on the wooden ground next to Kristy's legs.

"What are you doing?" Kristy asked as she looked down at Ao'nung with furrowed eyebrows.

"Keeping you company, I guess." Ao'nung said and watched the water.

Kristy nodded and sat down next to Ao'nung, their hands resting on their sides and brushing against each other but none of them mentioned it.

"Do you think he's okay?" Kristy asked Ao'nung quietly and the boy turned his head to her.

Ao'nung pursed his lips before putting his hand on top of Kristy's making her eyes go down to them.

"I'm sure he is. He'll be back soon, don't worry." Ao'nung comforted her and Kristy's eyes found his and they sat in comfortable silence.

It felt like forever before Kristy spotted Lo'ak on his ilu swimming towards them.

Lo'ak's eyes shut tightly when he saw the two sitting there and seeing him arrive but he moved forward.

Kristy stood up, Ao'nung following suit as they kept their eyes on Lo'ak.

The sully boy got off his ilu and looked at Kristy. He couldn't say anything before Kristy already talked.

"Where you outside the reef?!" Kristy asked him quite upset.

Lo'ak glanced at Ao'nung before moving closer to Kristy and whispering "Yes but it's okay! I was with payakan and he's good, believe me!"

Lo'ak waved his hands around as he talked and Kristy grabbed them "Lo'ak I believe you. But it's dangerous out there, you can't go out alone what if something happened."

"Payakan wouldn't-"

"I'm not talking about payakan. I'm talking about all the other things out there." Kristy said frustrated.

"Nothing will happen to me when I'm with payakan. I promi-"

Lo'ak got cut off when the horn sounded the three teens looked at each other before running to the center of the village.

"My spirit sister has been killed!"

They heard Ronal shout and all their eyes widened. Ao'nung left Kristy's side and went to Rotxo.

"She's been killed by the sky people!"

War cries began to echo around the village and Kristy was scared of what was to come.
Jake was trying calm the metkayina down but it was no use. Neteyam tried to help his father and shouted to the people to listen to him.

Kristy looked around to see even Ao'nung and Rotxo letting out war cries. That can't possibly be what they want. A war? With the sky people?
Jake suddenly grabbed a tracker from Neteyam's hands and held it in the air, making everyone go dead silent.

"If the tulkun are hit by one of these call me!" Jake shouted slowly "I'll remove it!"

Jake then talked to Tonowari and he could convince him on not going to war with the sky people.

"Kristy." Kristy looked up at Jake when he walked towards her. He spoke silently to her and brought her a bit away from everyone.

"Spider is with them." Jake whispered to her and Kristy's eyes widened as tears started to slowly form.

"What?"

"Spider is with Quarritch. He's helping him."

"What. No! He wouldn't do that!" Kristy denied and shook her head frantically.

"But he does!" Jake shouted. He looked around when he noticed that he rose he voice to see if anyone heard them but they didn't.

Or so they thought.

"He does, Kirsty."

"Maybe we're just talking too much into that. He's probably forced." Krosyt tried to reason and Jake sighed.

"Okay. We'll see how it turns out okay?" Jake asked and Kristy nodded, the tears still prevent in her eyes at the thought of Spider being with Quarritch and helping him.

Jake nodded one last time before leaving her alone.

The tears that threatened to spill were now rolling down Kristy's cheeks as she motionless stood, unknown to the person standing meters away from her contemplating with theirself if they should approach her...

AN:

AN:

Short chapter and I'm stretching the chapters if it ain't obvious 👀