Chapter 9 : The unfolded mystery

Iresh opened up his diary. He had written over 100 wishes for his entire life to be fulfilled and nearly 98 of them were done. The 99th wish was to have a best friend forever.  He realized his life and all he could find were simple things about the people around him: 

Yuvaraj , Gopal and Karthick were his besties , but he could never hope that they will count Iresh back. 

Chandru was always a bestie but he had told Iresh not to have great expectations . Nikit told Iresh at the second year middle before leaving that his role as a close friend at Nikit's life made him happy but he could never have him as his bestie.  Hardik was always his bestie and Hardik always considered him back , but what Iresh wanted was his Best friend forever . 

He had only two options Meera and Naman. As usual it was an holiday and Iresh called Meera. Meera had a lengthy conversation with Iresh and she spilled that her conversation to Naman about Iresh was about unwanted stories and logicless stories.  

Iresh could conclude that Meera's intentions were to have Naman out of Iresh's life and he also informed Naman to be safe from her.  

On the other hand , Naman had been able to understand what Iresh exactly needed at his Life. Iresh never thought Kaushik as a hinderance between them , in fact he was happy that Naman was happy with Kaushik.  Iresh had learnt from Selina his batchmate during the NPTEL examination that Kaushik even had a bad past life of not having besties at school , this made Iresh to feel that Kaushik being possessive is not faulty because not everyone will have the same mindset. 

To the surprise Naman and Iresh started to be more closer than earlier and Iresh was so happy to have beautiful messages from Naman after receiving birthday and friendship day gift from Iresh. 

All of this made Iresh more happier but still his heart longed for something more.