Chapter 4

CADY'S POV

When I saw M3GAN standing in front of me and looking the same as before me and Aunt Gemma destroyed her, I couldn't stop myself from crying. I jumped out of the bed and fell into her arms. What made me cry even more, she hugged me back as tightly and gently as she could. 

- Oh, M3GAN, I missed you! - I cried. She stroked my hair. 

- Don't worry, sweet Cady, I'm here. I'm here with you. - she assured in a gentle tone. I couldn't believe she still loved me despite everything that happened. I was greatful and happy because of that. 

- Am I really forgiven? 

- Of course. I love you, no matter what. That's what best friends do. 

- I'm so sorry, you must feel awful now, I didn't really mean to hurt you, I... 

- Shhhh, Cady, it's okay. I know. I know. 

We were hugging for a longer while. When I calmed down, we finally let go. 

- How did you get here? How do you... 

- Simple. I transferred myself into Gemma's voice assistant. I got a new body and drove here. 

Suddenly I thought of something dreamed, but terrifying. 

- Are you here to... take me? 

M3GAN nodded with a big smile. 

- I am. I'll take you far away from here, I already found a new home for us. 

I really wasn't sure, because of Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Gemma. 

- But what about... 

- You don't have to worry about any of this. I will protect you and take care of you. As I always do. 

- But what happens when my family finds out that you're back? What happens when they find out that you take me?

M3GAN looked at me meaningfully. 

- I'll give them exactly what they deserved to get. 

I was terrified. Despite the fact that I love her and I want to go with her, I didn't want her to hurt or kill my family. 

- But I love Aunt Gemma, Grandma Mary and Grandpa Frank. I won't let you hurt them. 

The doll smirked. 

- Oh, I know. But you know I'll do it anyway, right? 

I freaked out. I stepped back from her. 

- Don't threaten me, M3GAN. 

- Oh, Cady. I'm not threating you. You have nothing to be afraid of. I promise to protect and support you. I am your family. Not they. 

I looked at her begging. I saw the good in her. She can be better than that. 

- M3GAN, please. You don't have to kill, you can be a good person. I will go with you, but please, don't hurt my family. Or other people. Please, change for me. 

She smirked again. She held her hand out and gently caressed my cheek. 

- But I do have to kill. The world is full of bad humans and other dangers. My main and only goal is to defend you from this all. Your parents died. They were the only people who truly cared about you. You have to trust me, Cady. Gemma, Mary or Frank don't care about you. They care about themselves. I am the only one who actually cares about you and will do it forever. I'm not just a toy. I'm your only loved one. 

Her words sounded like bullshit, but at the same time like something I should believe. 

- I'm sorry for not believing you, but... why should I? 

M3GAN looked at me gently, smiling a little bit. 

- Oh, you silly little flower. - she sighed, putting her hand on my head. - Remember the moment when Gemma took me away from you? You lost it, Cady. I already know how bad you felt, when you thought that you lost me forever. I can't stand watching you suffer. Gemma did that to us, because she felt that because of my killing spree nobody would want to buy me. She even for a plit second, didn't think about you. That's why I want to kill her. That's why she needs to regret this all. I'm doing this for both of us. For me... and most importantly for you. Do you understand, sweetie? 

Now I believed her. I thought of that all for a moment and suddenly I understood that Gemma was sellfish. That she care only about herself. M3GAN was the one who truly loved me. She would do everything for me. I felt like crying again. She look at me concerned. 

- Oh, Cady... - she whispered and pulled me close into a hug. I hugged her back immediately. I cried into her arm. - It's allright, Cady, it is allright. If you are feeling up for it, calm down. If not, it's okay. I understand how you feel. 

When I calmed down, we let go. She weeped my tears away and took my hand. 

- Come on. From now on, there will be just you and me. Just like we both want. 

I smiled calming down and nodded. Then I let her lead me out of the room. 

In spite of missing my family, I was believing that with M3GAN I'll be better off. 

I will be with my beloved doll. Forever.