Chapter 9

GEMMA'S POV

There was kind of chaos in the police station. They got an info from government and FBI that all of their technology stopped working. I was afraid that it was M3GAN who caused it and after a while I realized that it really was so. 

I was so pissed at that shitty doll. She dared to kidnap my niece and make it impossible for us to contact her. Poor Cady. I was really regretting that I was such a bad aunt. I should've been there for her, instead of focusing only on work and earning money. And because of my foolishness, my own creation captured her. And she's probably in a big danger. 

Suddenly someone went into the cell room. It was one of policemen with... Tess and Cole. I was so happy and relieved to see my friends. They were happy too, but at the same time concerned and worried. Just like I was. 

The policeman opened my cell and let me get out of it. Me, Cole, and Tess hugged immediately. 

- Gem, thank God, you're okay. - Tess said, when we let go. 

- I'm not that okay. - I said nervous. - M3GAN's alive. She kidnapped Cady. 

- We already know that. - Cole said. - We noticed the chaos all around the country and were informed of what happened. We're here exactly in order to help you destroy M3GAN once and for all. And get Cady back, of course. 

I turned to the policeman. 

- What do you suggest? 

- You and your friends are the only people who can find the doll and your niece, Ms. Reed. I'll give you an access to our computer and files connected with the doll. If that can help you locate and get her, you would save us all. 

We nodded. 

- Yeah. Thank you. 

Then we let the policeman lead us to the station lab. I signed. I would do everything to get Cady back safe and sound. I missed her and hoped that she still loves me. She is everything that matters to me. 

CADY'S POV

M3GAN gave me medicines and I drank a tea from her. I wasn't feeling any better so she told me to stay in a bed. I listened to her, because I knew she wants what's best for me. Suddenly M3GAN grew angry. 

- What's wrong? - I asked worried. 

- Something's wrong. 

- What's that? - I asked scared. 

M3GAN stroked my hair. 

- Stay where you are, Cady. I'll fix everything. Don't worry. 

I nodded hesitating. I wasn't sure, but I decided to trust her. When she left me alone in a room, I was wondering what happened and hoping that everything will soon get back to normal. 

Suddenly I felt like crying again. I realized that I just missed my family. M3GAN must have any phone here. I knew that I would break her ban by doing that, but I decided to call Aunt Gemma to at least let her know that I'm okay. 

In spite of my great suffering, I got up from the bed and went downstairs to find a phone. Luckily M3GAN wasn't in the house. 

Suddenly I noticed working phone lying on the table. Without thinking too much, I reached for the phone. I turned it on and dialed Aunt Gemma's phone number. Than I called her, observing from the window if M3GAN is coming or not. 

I was afraid of her now. I knew that if she realize that I broke her bans, I'd be dead. I still loved her, but I knew what she's capable of, and I missed my family. I didn't want them to suffer or be worried. 

- Hello? 

- Aunt Gemma? 

- Cady!? I am so worried! Where are you!? Are you okay!? 

- Yes, I'm fine. I'm in the modern and cosy big house somwhere in Canada. 

- Jesus. Thank God you're okay.

- Auntie, I am so sorry for not saying any of this, but M3GAN's alive. She wants to kill you all and keep me. 

- Cady, I am the one who needs to be sorry. I don't want you to ever think that I don't love you. I do, really. I miss you and I hope we'll be able to get you back soon. 

- Auntie... I... I'm afraid of her. Now, that I know what she's capable of, I don't know what she'll do to me if she finds out that I called you. 

- Please, don't worry, Cady. I won't let her hurt you. Me, Tess and Cole, and also a police, will get to this house as soon as possible. 

Suddenly I noticed M3GAN getting closer to the house' door. I was terrified. It's probably worse than I thought it is. 

- She's coming! 

- Please, hide somewhere, some place where you'll be sure that she won't find you. 

- Okay. - I aswered running away to the bathroom. - I love you, auntie. 

- I love you too. 

I ended the call. I reached the bathroom and wanted to open the door, but it seemed like it was locked. 

- Oh, man! - I shouted. I knew M3GAN was coming. I was frightened more and more. She can't find out about anything. I knew that she's evil and I missed Aunt Gemma, Grandma Mary and Grandpa Frank so bad. They are the only family that I have left and I don't want to loose them.