Chapter 5

CADY'S POV

M3GAN helped me pack and took my things with her. When we were out of the house, I looked at my grandparents' house probably for the last time. When M3GAN opened a car and put my things into it, she put her hand on my shoulder. 

- It's time, Cady. We have to go, before anyone finds out that I took you. 

I turned to the doll and nodded. 

- Yeah. 

She looked at me gently. She spread her arms. I fell into them immediately. She hugged me tightly and gently. 

- You'll enjoy your new life, I promise. - she sweared. I believed her. She was my best friend. She knows what's best for me. 

When we got into a car, M3GAN locked it. Then we drove away. 

Sitting next to driving M3GAN, I was looking through the window and watching rain falling down and streets of Jacksonville. I was thinking about everything that happened to us. Now, I was even more sure that she only wants me to be happy and safe. 

I think we both learned a valuable lesson today. That no matter how hard we try to avoid it, there will always be forces in this world that wish to cause us harm. But I want you to know that I won't let that happen. I won't let anything harm you ever again. 

She was absolutely right. Everyone and everything could want to hurt her and me. I learned this because of, for example, Brandon or Dewey. I am very greatful to her for support she's giving me every step of the way. 

I knew that I will probably never come back to my old life. My Mom and Dad died, Aunt Gemma is in prison and I'm far away from Grandma Mary and Grandpa Frank. I was a little bit angry at them for not caring about me, but I missed them so much. 

I weeped my tears away and tried to calm down. I was just a child. An 8-year-old innocent helpless girl. I am very happy to have someone like M3GAN beside me. 

Suddenly I looked at her direction. She held my hand gently, to help me calm down. I smiled misty at her. 

I felt that this is the life that I want. The life of being taken care by the only being which is there for me. The life with M3GAN.